The art of attacking children

Curare age: 6 years

Now there weren't many people Curare openly disliked. If she didn't like someone she would just stay in her room when that person came, or she would ignore him or her. The only person the young girl really hated was Rita Skeeter. That stupid women kept trying to get an interview with her. God Curare hated that women.

It was a sunny day when Curare was in the Lestrange's living room. There was a big brunch going on and many important purebloods were invited. It was no secret that you could assume that almost all of them were Death eaters or lackies for them.

It was at this event that Rita Skeeter was also invited, as she represented the Skeeter family. They were also purebloods and she gladly came. She was hoping for some good gossip and of course, she just knew the young Riddle would be there.

Stupidly enough she thought getting a five-year-old to spill some news would be easy. She was very wrong. Not only did Lord Riddle keep an annoyingly close eye on his precious daughter, but the girl also always walked the other way when Rita got closer than teen feet close.

And let's not forget, with only one world, Rita was sure a bunch of Death eaters would throw curses at the reporter.

Curare had been quite successful avoiding Rita. After a while she got bored of mingling, so she started to explore the Lestrange Manor. She had been here a few times before, but still it was better than having a bunch of boring grownups around her.

"Hello Ms Riddle"

Oh god, Curare wanted to throw up. She tried walking away but Rita grabbed her arm and pulled her back harshly.

"I only have a few questions. The entire wizarding world wants information about you."

"Remove your hand" the girl hissed. At the end of the sentence, she slipped into Paseltongue slightly. Her father had thought her that trick. Not only did this make her sound more dangerous, but it also underlined who she was. She was the heir to the Riddle family and a descendant of Salazar Slytherin.

"Now don't be such a drama queen. You will have to get used to other people."

"Let go or I will scream" For a five-year-old, Curare sure knew exactly how to play the reporter.

"You wouldn't- "Rita was interrupted by a shrill scream. As Rita held the girl so close to her Curare seemed even louder than she was. Rita's grip tightened around the girl's wrist, leaving red marks "you stupid brat. The others are too far away anyway. They won't hear you" then Rita was hit by a powerful curse.

"How dare you" a voice said from behind them. Narcissa went closer to where the two were standing, her wand pointed at Rita who lying on the floor, holding her head, which had hit the stone wall harshly. Rita tried to get up but was hit with another curse. And a second later she got to feel the Cruciatus curse for the first time. It only held on for a few seconds and Narcissa didn't do a strong one but still Rita had tears coming out of her eyes.

"You used an unforgivable curse on me" Rita screeched.

"And you attacked Lord Riddle's daughter, the daughter of the Dark Lord. He won't be happy to hear that. Trust me...that is not the last time you will feel the Cruciatus curse. Never. Touch. Her. Again"

With that Narcissa got up and pointed her wand at the tip of her Dark mark. Within seconds four Death eaters were standing in the hall, and Lord Riddle was under them as well.

"Narcissa what is going on here" Lord Riddle demanded. He crouched down and opened his arms. Immediately Curare threw herself into her father's arms. She was wearing a dress that didn't cover her wrist, so Tom saw the handprint that was already turning a few shades darker.

"What happened, little snake?"

"I didn't want to talk to her, so she grabbed my arm and held me there. I told her to let me go but she didn't, so I screamed. Then aunt Cissy came, because she heard me, and threw curses at her. Even the Cruciatus one. Rita called me a brat as well. And she hurt my wrist." None of the others understood what Curare was saying but by the dark look on Tom's face they knew it wasn't good.

Narcissa told the other three Death eaters what she had seen and Rudolphus and Lucius grabbed Rita by her arms and pulled her up, completely ignoring the women's whimpers for being held so tightly.

Gradually the other guest filled the halls as well, they had noticed quite a few people missing and many were death eaters and had felt Narcissa's call for help. But Tom signalled for them to stay behind. When it had taken too long for them to return the rest of them decided to see what was going on.

They were all confused when they saw Rita Skeeter being held up by Lestrange and Malfoy, and the Dark Lord having a conversation with his daughter.

"Go to Sirius. He will take you home. I just have to deal with her. He will make you some hot chocolate and you can play with Nagini. I'll be home soon." Curare nodded and went to her uncle who picked her up. She always did what her father told her too, especially in a situation like this. Sirius left the group of people and apparated in front of the Riddle Mansion.

As soon as he entered Nagini slithered to them and hissed at him. Sirius put Curare down and she was wrapped around the giant snake within seconds, Nagini liking her face caringly. Later the three of them were sitting in one of the many seating areas. Sirius wondered how Curare never got lost in the giant mansion. It had so many rooms, hallways, secret passages and loads more.

There was even at the far end of the garden. There was a small waterfall filling it up and, in the winter, when the lake froze, you could ice skate there. The Blacks were a very rich family, and their Mansion was also very big, but the Riddle Manor was just incomparable.

"Don't worry Curare. Your father will make her pay...he'll make her pay for hurting you" Sirius whispered into her ear, holding her close to him. She was curled up at his side, her green eyes closed and her hands holding his shirt in a tight grip. She nodded. She knew he would make Rita pay.