The art of fainting

Whatever was going on, everyone both in America and Britain had no clue as to what it was. At least fifty MACUSA officials attested that at the time when the message was written in Hogwarts, they had seen Tom and Curare. Hell, even the President was able to verify this, and people had heard the two speak Paseltongue so unless they had someone learn the language and then take a Polyjuice Potion, it was next to impossible for them to have been in Hogwarts at the time. Not to forget that it would make no sense to try and hide the process of supposedly opening the chamber. The entire wizarding world knew who the Slytherin heirs were, so why bother.

To say Ministry officials were antsy would be the understatement of the year. All aurors, spell breakers, historians and anyone else who was of use in both countries worked on the case. They wanted to keep Curare and Tom in America for at least another week and if by then nothing came out then they would be escorted back to Britain were the "crime scene" was. What was even more scary was that more bloody messages appeared all around the school and nobody could tell how they got there.

Needless to say, Tom was stressed. So, it was of course amazing that one morning the was woken up by someone bursting into the apartment at five am shouting loudly.

"Hello? Anybody home. It's me Sirius. Where is my favourite little Paseltongue speaking Niece?" Yep, Tom was already sure this day would be a disaster.

"What an earth are you doing here Sirius?" Tom hissed when he stepped into the living room. His hair was still tousled from his sleep and his shirt was slightly crinkled up but beside that he looked like always.

"Luci sent me. Saying you needed someone here and as Bellatrix was busy doing whatever she does in her free time, and I shouted dibs first...BOOM now I am here." Sirius said waving his hands around in a crazy haze before throwing himself on the couch and setting his feet on the one-of-a-kind hand carved ivory table.

"I asked Lucius for someone competent" Tom bluntly replied, also taking a seat on one of the sofas, but in a much more elegant way, one that didn't resemble the seating etiquette of a four-year-old.

"And here I am"

"Evidently" The two of them were interrupted by Curare who walked into the room with a tired look on her face. She had been woken up by loud shouting and was now more than confused as to why someone would visit unannounced at this time of day.

"Hello uncle Sirius" Curare grinned as soon as she saw the man. "Well good to see that at least one of you is happy that I am here. Look what I brought you Cura, Remus and I were in the Muggle world because he wanted to buy one of those talking boxes, televisions, or something when I saw this and though it was perfect for you." He said, pulling out a box from his coat. Slowly Curare opened it, half expecting something to blow up in her face, yes that had happened before, yes her father had been extremely angry and yes, Remus had made Sirius sleep on the couch for a week as a punishment, but that was a different story.

Luckily, she was able to open the box without any problems. Inside was pranking kit and about ten posits. Obviously written by Sirius with ideas on who to prank with what and how. "You are such bad influence on her it's unbelievable" Tom muttered. To be honest, he had no idea why he let Sirius even in a ten-foot radius of her, the man was a walking disaster.

"Oh pu-lease...you have her around Death Eaters all the time. Remember when Curare finally had her own wand and Bellatrix had decided it was the perfect time to learn how to cast a Fiendfyre.

Ah yes, that was also not the best moment. Come to think of it, perhaps Tom should just forbid all the Death eaters from spending any time with Curare. They were not good influence.

"Now tell me Tom, who the hell opened you super-secret scary Slytherin chamber."

Tom raised his hand, giving Sirius a stunned look "don't...please don't call it that. I don't know what is going on but only I even know where the entrance is, not even Curare knows, forget how to open it. I changed the passwords ages ago and there is no book in the entire world has it. To be honest, I don't think the chamber is even open. Otherwise, there would have been news about petrified children and animals."

"Wait...petrified?! What exactly is in that chamber?"

"More like who" Curare said with a small smile. Only because she didn't know where the chamber was didn't mean that she didn't know what was in it.

Sirius jumped up and looked between Tom and Curare, both wearing identical sly smiles. "Basilisk" is all Tom said before Sirius gave out a loud shriek and then fainted. He just fainted and landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"Would the humans please finally be quiet I am trying to sleep here" Nagini hissed loudly from Curare's room.