The art of making friends

Pansy Parkinson looked mortified when she heard who she had insulted earlier. It would be easy for Lord Riddle to fire her parents if Curare asked him to do so and she was sure he'd do anything his daughter wanted.

Curare sat down beside Draco, who immediately but a protective arm around her. The sorting resumed but many eyes were still on the young heir.

The dinner was amazing. Curare had never been around so many children, well not that she could remember anyway, and she was slightly overwhelmed, but she was already getting used to it.

After the meal the Prefects led the students to their houses. Draco was holding Curare's hand when they arrived at a stone wall in the dungeons. "This is the entrance to the Slytherin quarters. The password will be changed monthly, and you can find it in the common room. This month's password is 'Horcrux'. Don't forget it unless you want to be stuck outside. If you do you can knock and hope someone opens up for you"

It was no secret that the Slytherin dorms were the best. As Slytherin was almost only Purebloods, who were very rich, their parents made sure their children had the best. So, the common room was the biggest, had the best furniture. The dorms weren't made for four people, like the ones of any other house, they were either for two or single rooms.

As soon as everyone was inside the basic rules were explained, then everyone was assigned a room. First years always had to be in a room with someone else, later on they were able to get a single room, but Dumbledore wanted the first years to connect with their fellow students.

"Alright, girl's dorms are on the right, because they always are, and boys on the other side. Your luggage should already be in in your room. If you have any problems or questions we will stay in the common room for a while and otherwise you can find us in the Prefect rooms, which are down there. So...welcome to Slytherin, make our house proud."

Curare found her room quickly and saw her bags by the back bed. She already missed Nagini and wished she could cuddle up to the giant serpent. She was juts staring at the ceiling when another girl came in.

"Hey...this is my room" the girl asked confused.

"And mine. First years share their dorms. Janson just told us."

"Yeah, I forgot. Sorry about that. I'm Ginny. Ginny Weasley"

Curare was surprised. All the other Weasley's were in Gryffindor.

"Curare Riddle" and of course Ginny reacted just like everyone else did. Her eyes widened. "My family met you the other day...I was getting my school stuff when it happened. So, uhm...do you have it already?"

Now it was Curare's turn to look confused. "The Dark mark I mean." She whispered like she was saying something forbidden.

The brown-haired girl smiled and pulled the right sleave of her school uniform up. Ginny stared at the tattoo like it was an alien and then looked back and forth between the mark and Curare's face.

"Why is it on your right arm. Everyone else has it on their left?"

"Because I am the heir of the Dark Lord. We both have it on our right arm because we are both Riddle's. The others aren't so theirs in on the left. "

"Can I?" Ginny asked, pointing at her arm. Curare nodded and Ginny carefully caressed it. She could feel dark magic pulse underneath Cura's skin. She wanted to touch it with the tip of her wand when she was stopped.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Otherwise, you will find this room filled with at least ten Death eaters."

"Can you only summon people with it, or can you also do other things?" Ginny wanted to know as much as possible about the Dark mark. Not much was known, and she was rooming with someone who even had it. Curare was the only child that did and not even all the followers had it. Only the inner circle and it was a great honour to be considered worthy enough.

"Okay so, everyone can summon the others and my father. It also burns when either he, Nagini or I am in danger. Then all the Death eaters are supposed to come immediately. It feels different for every one of us Uncle Sirius said. So they know who is in danger. I don't even have to summon them. Once I was playing in the woods when a vampire attacked me. Seconds later the clearing was filled with Death eaters. The vamp didn't even know who I was, got the shock of his life when suddenly at least dozen wands were pointed at him."

"Do you know any werewolf's?" Ginny was practically vibrating with excitement.

"I met Greyback a while ago. He's a little weird and I have the feeling he gets flees. Once I met Sirius' boyfriend who is also one but he isn't a Death eater so that was only brief. There are more that aren't marked but I'm not allowed to tell you about all of it as the rest is confidential."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur Weasley adjusted his suit jacked for the hundredth time. He was sitting in the wating area of Lord Riddle's office. There were quite a few people sitting and waiting as well. He recognized a reporter and a few other people. Riddle's assistant was answering owl and writing things down on parchment, at the same time giving out information to anyone who needed it. Arthur admired the man's multitasking skills.

"Mr. Weasley? Lord Riddle is ready for you now."

He nodded and got up. He wanted to make a good impression, this was very important, but there were so many mistakes he could make. What if he wasn't formal enough? What if it was all a huge joke?

"Uhm are you going to go in?" Arthur was so in thoughts that he didn't notice he was standing in front of the door like an idiot. He nodded quickly and went in after a come in from the other side.

The office was about four times the size of the Weasley's living room and was filled with files and books. Everything was made of dark wood and the only colour, besides the files, was green. Slytherin green.

"Ah Mr. Weasley. I'm glad you could make it. Please, do sit down" Lord Riddle looked almost like a king. He was sitting behind a grand desk on a big chair, wearing what looked like very expensive clothes. Arthur felt very shabby beside him.

"Now, about my job offer. I feel we could use someone like you in our department. As I already said I have heard many good things about you and therefor want you to work for me. You would be in charge of all Muggle affairs and the pay is also good."

"It would be an...an honour Sir." This whole thing was too good to be true. If Arthur wasn't sitting down he was sure he would have collapsed. Not only because he was overwhelmed with joy but also because of Lord Riddle's magical core. It was very strong and was reeking of dark magic. He hadn't noticed before, as they were in a full shop, but people had already said that it took some time to get used to something so strong.

"Here is your contract. You can read it through in time and juts send me a letter if you have any questions. "They both got up and shook hands. "I hope to see you again soon" Lord Riddle said.