The art of sending letters

***Things written in cursive are said in Paseltongue***

"Here is your contract. You can read it through in time and juts send me a letter if you have any questions. "They both got up and shook hands. "I hope to see you again soon" Lord Riddle said.

Molly Weasley was in the twin's bedroom, folding the bedsheets when Arthur came home. "And how did it go?" she shouted from upstairs. When she heard Lord Riddle had offered her husband a job she couldn't quite believe it.

"I got the contract, and I will be head of Muggle affairs" she said with a huge grin. Molly gasped and gave him a big hug. "That's amazing. The kids will be so happy. I'm very proud of you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

###CURARE###

I liked Ginny. She was very open and told me all about her siblings. Also, she was absolutely amazed by my family and the Death eaters, asking questions about anything and everything she could think of.

It was clear she hadn't planned on being in Slytherin. Her whole family was in Gryffindor, but her personality was totally badass so I'm sure she would fit in. I always wanted to be in Slytherin. They were the best house by far. Dad said all the time that he didn't mind which house I was in. He would love me anyway.

Uncle Sirius said his parents weren't happy at first but after a long talk they cleared everything, and it was okay. Many people think that pureblood families that have been in Slytherin, disown their children if they get sorted into another house, which is not true. I knew loads of rich wizarding families, as lots of them were Death eaters, and quite a few of them had relatives that weren't snakes, as Sirius calls Slytherins."

"Did it hurt...when you got your mark?" Ginny asked. At first, she was shy about these questions but son after that she was as bubbly as ever.

"A little bit yes. It stung, like when you get a small burn but the stronger the wizard who does it is, the better it works. And as my father did it for me it was even better as we are connected by blood. I need to go to Professor Snape. I promised I'd send my father a letter and I'm sure he's already waiting for it."

"You don't have you own owl? I just thought because you know...your family is really rich..."

"Nagini ate the last owl we had. She didn't like him. We have an eagle now so it's not so bad, but I wanted to take a pet snake. Only that didn't work as it is against the school rules."

"Oh, that sucks...aren't you a Paseltongue? Can't you like control snakes?"

"Yeah, but it's still 'too dangerous' apparently".

After that I left Ginny in our dorm, grabbed the letter I wrote earlier and went to find Uncle Sev's classroom. I still knew my way around. so it didn't take me too long before I was in front of his door again.

After knocking I entered and saw him sitting behind his desk, shouting at Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.

"You were seen by multiple Muggles. Dumbledore wanted you two at the feast earlier but don't think you will get away with this. If you were in Slytherin I would have you expelled." Sev seethed. Wow, he was really pissed.

The three heard me come in and all turned towards me. "Is everything okay Cura?" Sev asked, suddenly very calm.

"I wanted send my father a letter and you said I could use your owl to do it" I said, holding up the piece of paper in my hand to prove it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#######3rd point of view#####

Sev smiled, got up and came back a few seconds later with his owl-Lilly, and handed it to her. Curare gave Lilly the letter and told her where to deliver it too, then she flew away.

They heard Dumbledore and McGonagall enter. "What are you doing here Miss Riddle? You should be in your dorms." She said, eying the girl curiously. She had to talk to Harry and Ron, and she hoped Severus didn't want to punish her as well, for whatever reason.

The Riddle Mansion seemed empty and cold. You couldn't hear the laughter of a child and you also wouldn't hear her talking to Nagini in Paseltongue for hours. Even the house elves looked sad that Curare had gone.

Tom was sitting in his office. He held a glass of whiskey in his hand and he gazed at the fireplace. The flames were dancing around, warming the room. Nagini was curled up by the fire. The scaly body illuminated by it. She loved basking in the heat.

He had been sitting there for hours already, completely in thoughts when he heard and owl hoot. Nagini picked up her head and liked her lips- dinner time.

"Don't even think about it. That is Severus' owl, and you know how much Curare likes it. She'll be sad if you eat it" Nagini huffed, well as much as a snake can, and watched her master as he opened the letter.

It was clear who it was from, even without reading the name. After all, there were only two people who were able to write Paseltongue. It looked like a lot of circles with wiggly lines connecting them, but this didn't take away the beauty of it. The letter looked like someone had spent hours, trying to get the breath-taking calligraphy right.

When Curare was a child, she didn't feel the need to speak English. She lived with her father and Nagini, both being able to speak the language of snakes. So, when others tried to talk to her, she would answer in Paseltongue, just out of reflex. Severus understood a tiny bit of it, as he had been around the Riddle's for years now, he was able to decipher easy things like 'hello Dad', 'little snake', or 'hatchling', as Nagini called Curare.

"What does it say? How does Hatchling feel? Is she happy?" Nagini hisses excitedly.

"Patience"

"Dear father, Hogwarts is just how I remember it, although it is of course a different feeling, now that I am actually attending. The train ride was very nice. I sat with a boy named Neville Longbottom. After Pansy Parkinson insulted me, I had no desire to sit with her, Draco, Goyle and Crabbe. Don't worry about it though. I really couldn't care less about what she thinks of me. The sorting was more eventful than I would have thought it would be. Before I even was close to the hat it already sorted me into Slytherin, but still requested to meet me. He said I was just like you, as if I hadn't heard that before :)

I am very happy to be in Slytherin, that's where I wanted to be from the very start, but I know you would have been okay with any house. As you know first years have to share dorms and I am with Ginny Weasley. Don't tell Uncle Lucius though, he doesn't like them I she seems quite nice. She was surprised to be sorted into Slytherin but after meeting her I am sure she will fit in nicely with us snakes.

She is fascinated with Death eaters and almost fainted when I showed her my Dark mark, it's not really a secret that I will have it at some point.

I hope you and Nagini are well. I miss you two a lot and can't imagine being a way from you for so long. I will write to you as often as possible, just like I promised and I can't wait for the Christmas break, where I can come home again (only if you still want me home by then and are not enjoying your single life with Nagini too much).

I love you both and please make sure Nagini doesn't eat Sev's owl.

Lots of love

Your little snake/ Hatchling