The art of hating Lockhart

Curare was really disappointed. She thought Hogwarts would be amazing. That she would enjoy her time there and everything, but she was a month into school and was already asking her father if she could continue being home-schooled. Curare just finished her letter when Ginny walked in. They had become quite good friends and she was adjusting to the Slytherin life.

"Hey Xeni, writing to your father again?" she asked. She liked to call hrr Xeni as she loved her second name and often shortened it. Curare didn't mind really; she could call her whatever she wanted. Curare had told her how close she and her father were, but she was still surprised when Curare wrote father almost every other day. She hadn't told him that she wasn't enjoying Hogwarts, but she was hoping it would change. It didn't.

"Yeah, I have an important question" Curare answered, slipping into her shoes before heading out to Sev's classroom. He didn't mind that she borrowed Lilly so often and he only asked her to tell Nagini not to eat his owl.

Normally her father  answered within a day so when she sent an owl in the evening, she got my reply with the post the next day.

"Hello Curare. Another letter?" Sev asked as soon as Curare found him sitting on his couch.

"Yes, I want to ask dad if I can be home-schooled again" As soon as she said that Sev dropped the book he was reading and looked at me like he was trying to tell if she was joking. To be honest he had expected every answer but that one. He thought she was enjoying her time here. She was outstanding in every subject and Tom also hadn't said anything about her not liking it when they talked. Unless Curare didn't tell him, which was even more confusing. She never kept secrets from her father.

"Why an earth would you do that" he asked, patting his lap, inviting her to sit down. When she was comfortable Snape opened her ponytail, carefully combing through her hair with his fingers.

###CURARE POINT OF VIEW###

"I don't like it here" I just said. I was afraid that Sev wouldn't understand. That he would tell me I should be lucky and that it would get better.

"Is anyone rude to you?" He asked. I shook my head. No, besides Parkinson everyone I met was nice. I got stared at a lot at the start but that also settled after a while.

"I'm bored. I know everything the teachers try to teach me. I know every potion in this book by heart and there is nothing that git Lockhart could teach me about, especially the dark arts. I spend all of my days wasting away, hoping to learn something new, only to be disappointed. All the cool books in the library are in the restricted area and after having a look around there, I noticed that they don't even have the complete set of Merlin's dark spells. I mean even the Riddle library has them all."

Snape sighed. He knew she was incredibly intelligent and theoretically knew everything already, but he had hoped she would enjoy her time at Hogwarts. He hated Lockhart as well and was well aware there was really nothing he could teach the Dark Lord's daughter.

"How is Defence against the Dark arts with him? I heard the first lesson was quite a disaster already."

"You can say that loudly."

A few weeks ago

Curare walked into the classroom with ginny by her side. The ginger haired girl was talking the hind legs off a donkey, but she didn't mind.

"Welcome. My name is Gildory Lockhart, and I will be your defence against the Dark arts teacher. Now I know some of you may be overwhelmed, being thought by a hero like me, but don't worry. I am sure I can teach you a lot of things. I have prepared a little test for you- "The blonde git finally stopped talking when he saw Curare.

"Ah Ms Riddle. I was hoping to be able to teach you too. I am sure your farther has told you about the basics, but I wish to bring you further than any Death eater could."

"Who does that guy think he is?" Ginny whispered into her ear.

"He is a jealous bloke. He tried to join so many times but was denied every time. Once I was sure Lockhart would go down on his knees in front of my farther. It was really funny. Rudolphus had to drag him away because he wouldn't leave."

"Is it true that he and Bellatrix tried to kill you when you were younger" Ginny asked. Somehow the story had leaked out and was twisted quite a bit. At some point people said we three had a wizarding battle and the Lestrange's were stripped of their Dark Marks. Of course, that didn't happen.

"Well, there are meeting in the Riddle Mansion. My farther hadn't introduced me to the other Death eaters, even of I was a few years old. I think by then. Only Severus and Sirius had met me. So normally when they come, I would be in my room or the library, but they came earlier, and I didn't know this. It was getting dark outside, so the east wing hallways were quite dark..."

"What the hell? East wing! How big is that Mansion of yours?" She asked with wide eyes. I knew that the Weasleys lived a very simple life and that their whole house was probably the size of our big dining room."

"Big, now let me continue. So, I was walking around the east wing and Bellatrix was going to the meeting room when she heard me. Assuming I was an intruder she raised her wand and threatened me, telling me to come out. Nagini wasn't there and Dad was with the others so I couldn't call for help. They probably wouldn't have heard me anyway, the east wing is very far away from the room they were in. She'd never met me before, so she was confused to who I was. Then Rudolphus came, he wanted to see what was taking her so long. It took them a while but then they realized who I was. But before they could do anything I ran. They tried to stop me, but I knew my way around the Mansion much better and I know where all the secret passages are. I lost them after a while and went to the secret door, reaching the others before the two of them could. Now this is where the real confusion started. Suddenly, all the Death eater's eyes were on me. I ran to my dad and told him what had happened in Paseltongue. A minute later Bella and Rudolphus came in. I don't know what their punishment was but that was the day dad introduced me to everyone so that something like this wouldn't happen again. They tried to bribe me for ages before I forgave them"