The art of having family

Curare age: 7 years

As soon as Curare woke up that say she knew it wouldn't be a good one. For pretty much the first time in her life she woke up to shouting. She heard her father arguing with someone downstairs. Of course, he had the occasional squabble with someone, but this sounded bad. And I mean really bad.

"Leave now. I never want to see you near this house again" Curare was sure she had never heard her father so angry. He sounded as if he was about to explode.

"I just want to talk to her" the other voice said.

"Absolutely not. Now get out before I make you." Tom's voice was more of a hiss at the end.

Curare carefully looked around the corner. Nagini was out hunting so she couldn't help Curare now either. The little girl saw her father, wearing one of his expensive suits. He was shouting at someone, but Curare couldn't see who as his body was covering this person.

"I mean no harm. And I wanted to invite you two to my wedding. I met the alpha of a Lycan pack, and he is my mate. We are marrying next month, and I'd love it if both of you came. Also, Adam would like to meet Curare. "

"So, you want me to give you my daughter so you can show her off to some overgrown mutt and his pack?" Tom was nearly screeching. He couldn't believe this situation. "Go back into your room" He said suddenly, noticing Curare's magic lingering behind the door.

She was about to go upstairs, doing as her father told her to, when she was stopped by an unfamiliar voice. "No wait" The voice was feminine and when Curare turned around, she saw a blonde woman with blue eyes staring at her.

"Hello, my name is Athena. It's so nice to finally meet you" she went to hug the little girl, but Tom pulled her to him first, holding her against his front in a secure grip. "Your name is Curare, right?" Athena tried to coax the little girl.

"Enough with the chit chat. Now. Get. Out. Of. My. House"

"She's my daughter too!"

"Oh no, you lost that right years ago. When you tried to kill her. Remember that? Does your fiancé know you tried to kill a newborn, your newborn?"

"Yes, and so does the pack. I took the punishment they gave me. They managed to forgive me after a few years, and I am truly sorry. I wasn't in my right mind. I was so angry that you only loved her that I wanted to get rid of our daughter. I thought you might love me then. Now I know how blinded I was by my love for you. I spent he last few years regretting that I wasn't able to be there for both of you and watch Curare grow up. I want to be a part in her life. She needs her mother. Adam doesn't have any children. He was wounded in a battle once which made him infertile but being an alpha, his wolf side always wanted them. Now I have a child, me...his mate. It's like it's his own." By the end there were tears running down Athena's cheek.

"Wow...that was indeed a very good show, and the tears. I mean they look so genuine. You know where the door is. Kindly see yourself out"

"Curare is also my daughter and I have a right to spend time with her. We could do an arrangement. I can take her during the week when you are working and at the weekend. she can go to you. You are isolating her from everyone. She needs someone to fill out the role of a mother and I am her mother."

"No" a small voice said. Tom and Athena, who had been glaring at each other before, turned the heads to the little girl. She was holding on to her father's hand, staying as close to him as possible. "I don't want to go with her. Please don't make me daddy."

"I would never let you go my little snake. "Tom crouched down and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry what? I don't speak Paseltongue" Athena's tears had stopped, and she looked back and forth the between the two. She had read about how much the two looked alike in the Daily Prophet and everyone said it as well, but she had no idea how right they all were. Curare truly looked like the spitting image of her father, just more female. Her hair, the shape of her face, even the way she acted. She was a carbon copy of Tom.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you had guest" A voice said from behind her. She turned around and stood face to face with Severus Snape, who was glaring at her.

"Severus please, we were friends" she pleaded. The potions master immediately knew why Athena was there, so she didn't need to elaborate.

"Before or after you tried to kill my goddaughter?" His monotone voice was almost mocking.

Without another word she turned to leave. "Please think about the wedding" she said, placing a with envelope on the table, then she left.