💧Together💧

Part 2 of 'Hold On'

Ships: Lander
Genre: Angst, Fluff

Trigger Warning:
Mentions of self-harm

♥♥♥

The apartment was dark. It was close to 8 pm, the only source of light in the room was the faint glow of the television and the millions of street lights from the open window.

Luke walked into the living room, holding the tray of food. Zander sat on the couch, a fluffy blanket wrapped around his legs as he read a book, not paying to the show buzzing on the television in front of him.

"I got your dinner!" Luke said, stopping in front of his boyfriend. Zander finished reading the page, then looked up and smiled.

"Thank you." He said softly, as Luke gently placed the tray on his lap. It was a bowl of ramen, and next to it was a folded lined paper with a small pink heart on it. At first, Zander was confused why Luke needed a tray just to bring in a bowl, however quickly realized it was probably so Zander could place the bowl on his lap.

He reached for the letter, unfolding it as his eyes scanned the words.

Hey baby!
I hope you know I love you so much!
I hope your feeling better! I'm sorry for being at work so much, I really wanna stay home with you more often.
When I'm at work, I long for your cuddles all day <3

Zander smiled at the letter. Since he returned from the hospital, Luke had been giving his lover notes every single day, all saying sweet remarks and compliments. Reading them, anyone would've assumed the two were in a long-distance relationship.

"I told you to stop with the notes," Zander mumbled, trying to wipe the grin off his face.

Luke only smiled. "I crushed up your meds and mixed them in with the soup, I know they taste awful" Luke chuckled, then there was a pause. "Sorry, it's not much... I promise I'll talk to my boss about double shifts. I really hate how much he makes me work..."

"Luke, it's fine. You keep us from ending up on the streets." Zander sighed, placing a hand on Luke's cheek, softly caressing it before picking up the chopsticks and beginning to eat. "Plus, this tastes good!"

"No, it's not fine. Me working so much was what caused most of our fights... And caused you too... Y'know..." Luke said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Luke..." Zander said, leaning forward and placing the tray onto the coffee table. He then turned around to face his boyfriend. "That's not what made me want to... I think it's time I talked to you about this..." Zander said, grabbing both of Luke's hands. "It's been about a month, so I'm ready now."

Luke nodded, as Zander continued. "So... For my entire life, you've been there. I trusted you and loved you more than anything... More than my own mother. I eventually fell in love with you, and that was really hard for me... Because I thought you were straight. And I didn't want to lose you... I couldn't lose you..." Luke frowned, placing a hand on the side of Zander's face, to which the latter boy quickly leaned into it.

After a few seconds, Zander proceeded. "When you confessed to me... I was so happy. As we got further into our relationship, I just realized I couldn't live without you." Zander scooched closer to Luke. "I was a lot more vulnerable through our rough patch. I've grown to be a lot more independent since the incident. But back then, I thought if you left me, I wouldn't make it..."

"Do you remember what you said in the fight we had that night?" Zander asked. Luke thought for a moment. That night-the worst night of his life- Luke remembered every second of it with absurd detail. He was trying to think, out of all the horrible things he said, what might've triggered Zander...

Then it came to him.

"Ugh, all you ever do is whine, complain, and get jealous!" Luke yelled, slamming his fists onto the dining room table.

"Maybe I wouldn't complain if you weren't at work all the time, and actually paid attention to me!" Zander said, unstoppable tears streaming down his face.

"I work to keep you from starving!" Luke growled, his own tears forming at the corner of his butterscotch yes, which looked closer to amber in the dark. "Maybe if I didn't have to feed you, I'd actually be able to have time to myself, and enjoy my life! Yeah, I'll leave you, so I can actually get a real life, and meet someone who won't make me babysit them! How did I waste so many years of my life on you..." He spat, wanted to stuff the words back into his mouth the second they came out, seeing the hurt in Zander's eyes.

Luke was tired that night, even a little drunk. He still regretted everything that had happened, despite him not meaning any of those harsh words. There were three words, in particular, three words that almost cost him Zander's life.

I'll leave you.

"Zander, I-" Luke was caught off by the shorter boy.

"I know," Zander said, his voice hushed into a whisper. "I know you were stressed, and tired, and drunk. I know you didn't mean it." The violet-eyed boy glanced out the window, to the night city. "My train of thought at that moment was... If you left me, I wouldn't make it. I thought if I died before you stopped loving me, you wouldn't get the chance to stop loving me. So I... tried to kill myself..."

Zander was suddenly embraced in a warm hug. "I'm so sorry!" Luke exclaimed, sobbing into his boyfriend's shoulder. "I was such an awful boyfriend! I hope you know I'll never leave you, ever! You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me! And the fact that you're choosing to stick with me even after I almost made you take your own-" Luke was interrupted once again, but this time not by words, by a pair of soft lips on his own.

When they pulled away, Zander smiled, brushing Luke's tears away. "Lukey..." He said, his voice low and raspy, as a single tear rolled down his cheek. "You were, and still are, the greatest lover I could've asked for. We were just going through a rough patch. All those things you said, you didn't mean them! Don't blame yourself, I was only scared of losing you..."

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, that moment lasting forever. Despite the lack of lighting, it was almost like their eyes were glowing. It was so wonderful, how they both thought each other's eyes were the most beautiful things in the world.

Zander loved the sensation of comfort that came with looking into Luke's fresh, alive, golden eyes. They not only brought back memories from the past, but looking deep into them, Zander could see his future.

When Luke looked into Zander's light periwinkle ones, everything around him disappeared. They were both inciting and auspicious. They made him feel energized and optimistic. No matter how awful the situation, when he looked into those orchid eyes, Luke knew, everything would be okay.

"I love you..." Luke whispered, breaking the silence between them, however not breaking their eye contact.

"I love you too..." Zander said, cupping Luke's face in both of his hands.

"Promise me you'll never do something as stupid as try to take your own life again?" Luke asked.

"Promise me you'll never leave me?" Zander said softly. They gazed at each other there, before they both broke into a smile.

"Deal." Luke laughed, leaning forward, and planting a soft kiss onto his lover's lips.

"It's you and me, baby," Luke whispered, small joyful tears threatening to fall as he pressed his forehead against Zanders.

"You and me forever," Zander added.

"Together."

♥♥♥

I'll let you guys decide who said that last line <3

I hope this made up for all the angst I wrote- even tho it's kinda angst-

I don't really have much to say- (Apart from I'm really considering writing a Lander one-shots book 2-)

So, I hope you guys enjoyed! Have a great day/night! Baii! <3