💔"Nevermind"💔

Ships: Juke, Lander, slight mentions of Drailey
Genre: Angst

~~~

A blooming bouquet rested in a peach-haired singer's hands, the sweet smell from the flowers drafting through the hallways.

Jake walked to the music room, a certain sparkle of determination in his eyes, an extra sliver of confidence in his walk, and the colours around him seemed just a little bit brighter.

Today was the day. His confession.

His confession to Luke Peterson.

Luke Peterson. That boy, he made Jake's heart skip a beat, after just a glance of that ever so perfect smile, shining like a shooting star. Stunning pools of gold Jake could get lost in for hours, and that sense of home and tranquillity that sparkled inside of him when he did. A heart so sweet that an angel would look at him in awe.

He was perfect.

Jake was in love, and he was finally able to make his move.

It was never Jake's intention to fall for the drummer, in fact he was riddled with guilt around the time his crush was forming, as at the time, Luke was with Zander. They were so deeply in love, and it hurt Jake, watching them from afar. Luke and Zander were made for each other, it was clear as day. The power couple, the one everyone envied, and strived to be like. Nothing could separate them.

Then, there was the fight.

Oh gosh, that fight. The one that caused Luke and Zander so much misery, and Jake so much joy. As much as he hated it, that fight was the best thing to ever happen to him.

While Jake was a bit fuzzy on the details, from his understanding, it was something to do with Zander's jealousy. At least, that's how it started, but then that led to other fights, and it escalated to the point it was lasting for several days. Jake knew he was a bit biased, it seemed like Zander was more in the wrong than Luke. They both said some shitty stuff to each other, but Zander was a lot less understanding, while Luke apologized and tried to end the fight quite a few times.

Eventually Luke must've gotten fed up, because he ended things with Zander, to which the latter agreed was for the best.

However, Zander would quickly regret this decision, as he came to school the next day with bloodshot eyes and a big fluffy teddy bear in hand as an apology gift, apologizing to Luke, saying he was being irrational and that he didn't want to break up. He asked Luke if they could get back together.

Luke was reluctant, and he seriously looked like he wanted to say yes, but he declined his offer, and said they'd be better off as friends.

Over the next few weeks, fresh out of the break up, Jake tried his best to be there for Luke. To be his shoulder to cry on, that's all Jake wanted, for Luke to see him as a safe place. The two grew close, their bond got stronger, as did Jake's feelings.

Jake had no intention to make Luke fall for him when comforting him, or anything like that. Jake just genuinely wanted to be there for him, as a friend, and help him get through this difficult time in his life.

And it seemed to be working, because soon enough, Jake saw that gorgeous smile he missed for so long. It was almost like Jake's world was a dark void, and that breathtaking smile was a ray of sunshine being poured into it, lighting it up with its light and joy.

The closer he got to Luke, the more Jake started thinking that maybe he wasn't so crazy, and maybe, just maybe, Luke returned his feelings.

Jake didn't wanna make any moves on the drummer, at least not until he was certain Luke was a hundred percent over Zander.