🍋🍓Pink Lemonade🍓🍋

Quick question: Do you guys prefer long one-shots with actual plots (Ex. Hanahki, The White Rose Tree, The Final Canon) Or short ones with no plot really (Ex. Early Morning Cuddles, Endgame, Serendipity)?

Ships: Lander
Genre: Fluff

♥♥♥

"Hello, ma'am!" An auburn-haired 8-year-old called, pulling on his bright smile, as he waved at the woman passing by, "Would you like to buy some pink lemonade?" He asked, gesturing towards the large jug of pink liquid, a dozen plastic cups behind it, "We're saving up!" He explained.

"Oh, aren't you two just adorable?" The woman sighed, placing a hand over her heart, "I'd love to! How much?" She asked, reaching into her purse for her wallet.

"Zander, could you tell the nice lady how much?" Luke asked, turning towards the quiet, mauve-haired boy. Out of the two, Luke definitely was more outgoing.

"U-um..." He stammered, "F-fifty scents..." He murmured, turning his head away.

The lady softly smiled, placing two quarters on the low table the young boys had set up their lemonade on.

"Thank you, miss!" Luke nodded with gratitude, grabbing the jug and one of the cups, filling the cup with the pink lemonade. He grabbed a straw, dropping it into the cup, before grabbing one of the mini-umbrella they'd bought, and allowing it to flutter into the drink.

Proud of the outcome, Luke cautiously picked up the cup with both hands, slowly handing it to the woman.

"Thank you, dear!" She exclaimed, grabbing the cup and taking a sip, "Yum! It's delicious!"

"Thank you so much!" The taller boy cheered, his honey eyes glimmering with excitement, before landing on his best friend, "Say thank you, Zander!"

The latter boy slowly turned towards Luke, before his large, violet eyes darted towards the woman, "Th-thank you..." His voice barely a whisper, as he lightly shook his head, causing his long shaggy bangs to fall over his eyes, hiding them.

"What are you two saving up for?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she took another sip of the lemonade.

"Oh!" Luke bit his lip, before gazing at Zander, wrapping both arms around him, causing the cheeks to collide. The ginger boy snuggled close to his friend, before glancing up at the woman, plastering on a giant smile, "This is my best friend Zander!" He explained, as the shorter male's cheeks burned dark crimson, "I'm saving up to buy him a wedding ring! So we can get married!"

The lady covered her mouth with her free hand, softly chuckling, trying not to burst into laughter, "You two are so cute," She snickered, "Thanks for the lemonade!" She waved them goodbye, beginning to walk back down the path, before turning back around to glance at them. "Oh, don't forget to invite me to the wedding!"

As soon as she was out of ear-shot, Zander began whining, "Luke! When can we get married!" He mewled, tugging on his best friend's arm.

"Soon! We only need about..." Luke paused, glancing into the jar that contained their money, "About three thousand more dollars!"

"That's too much! Let's just buy ring pops! That way we can eat them, too!" The periwinkle-eyed boy suggested, tilting his head.

"No!" Luke quickly pouted back, "You need the best ring!"

"But Luuuuuke!" Zander groaned.

"Stop!" The latter snapped, "You're being a bad husband Zander! I wanna get you a good ring!"

The ombre-haired boy's bottom lip began trembling, as tears began glossing over his eyes, "But Luke! We'll never get a ring, it's too much money! What if we never get married!" He sniffled.