🌕Safe🌕

Ships: Lander
Genre: Angst

♥♥♥

Trigger Warning:

Swearing, Se*ual Assault (Doesn't actually happen, just suggests it)
This one is very PG 13+, so I recommend you skip this one if you aren't comfortable with any of these things.

♥♥♥

Zander's shoes pattered against the pavement, as he walked through the empty city streets. After a long day of collage, he was walking home from his bus stop. He had stayed at the campus a bit late to study for upcoming exams.

The apartment Zander shared with his boyfriend was only a few blocks away, however a few blocks seemed like a few miles in such an eery part of time like this. Suddenly, Zander heard something and spun around. Much to his horror, a person wearing all black was walking towards him.

Zander quickly quickened his pace, then pulled out his phone and went into his contacts. His hands trembled as he clicked the ID on the top of his contact list. Holding the phone to his ear, he patiently waited for his boyfriend to pick up. Luke would most likely be home right now. They went to two separate collages, but the schools were in the same city, so the pair was able to move in together.

"Hello?" Zander was automatically calmed by the sound of his childhood best friend's voice.

"Hey." Zander sighed, quickly glancing behind him to see the person still following him.

"Babe? Hey, where are you?" Zander could hear the tone of concern in his lover's voice.

"Uhm, can you pick me up?" He made sure the whisper the sentence, in case the person could hear him through the loud wind.

"Of course. Where are you?" Luke replied, as Zander could hear him beginning to gather his things.

"Uh, I'm..." Before Zander could finish his sentence, he realized he was at the alleyway, which was a shortcut to his apartment building. It was a big risk. If this person tried to do something to him, the chances of Zander being saved drastically decreased if he were in the alleyway. But the sooner he got home to Luke, the better. Zander glanced behind him, to see the person significantly closer to him than he was before. "Shit. Luke, I'm being followed." The purple haired boy muttered into the phone, as there was silence on the other line.

"Stay calm. Where are you? I'm gonna come get you. Don't worry." Luke said sternly.

"I'm entering the alleyway. The shortcut one." Zander says, stepping into the space between the buildings. Sure enough, he could hear the person follow him.

"Zander, no!" Luke exclaimed, it sounded more like a plead than a demand.

"I expect to see your car on the other side. Be quick." With that, Zander hung up the phone. He trusted Luke would get there on time. The ginger boy had never let him down before, not once in their twenty years together. Surely he wouldn't let him down when Zander needed him the most.

Zander was halfway through the alley, and he was hopeful he would safely make it across. That was, until he heard the footsteps behind him grow faster. Zander broke into a sprint. It wasn't very fast, and perhaps if him and Luke swapped places, Luke easily would've been able to outrun this person. But not Zander.

He hit the ground, his phone flying out of his grasp the figure pinned him to the ground. Zander found himself face to face with a pair of blood red eyes, and a devilish grin.

"Hey there, cutie." He muttered, the scent of alcohol lingering in his breath, as Zander felt small tears forming in his eyes. Zander desperately tried to escape from this man's grasp, and he wasn't sure if this man was strong, or he just lacked athletic capabilities, but he couldn't free himself.