Finale (part one)

Stephen's POV:

I dropped to the floor. Unable to move. Unable to fathom what was going on. This was it. I did this, I didn't listen to Wong's warning. I was torturing myself. Listening and being forced to watch my lover jump and succumb himself in the open arms of death. 

I sat there crying. What else was I supposed to do. This was hurting Tony and me, I dragged him into this, I committed a selfish act. And there I sat, in defeat. I couldn't protect or even save my love. 

After the dreadful moments of crying and drowning myself in my own agony, I did the unimaginable. I got up from my position and removed the Eye of Agamotto from around my neck. 

The loop stopped. I heard Tony hit the floor one last time before resetting everything to its normal position. Back to its normal time. I heaved myself off the balcony and into Tony's room where there I collapsed on his bed in a fit of tears. 

"This is my fucking fault. If I was only there for him he would be okay, and not on the brink of death." I sobbed into his sheets, they smelled of him. I missed him so much and I just wanted to forgive him for everything that he did, because even though he might not love me as much as I had hoped he still was the one and only person I needed in my life. Whether he loved me or not. 

Suddenly my phone began to go off in my pocket. Unwillingly I pulled it out of my pocket to see a message from Peter. He was asking how my plan was going in bringing Tony back to normal. I just clicked my phone off and buried my face back in Tony's pillow. 

I cried my heart out. 

It wasn't long before I heard sparking noises and movements from behind me. I already knew who it was. 

"Just leave me alone Wong." I muttered from the pillow, not wanting to be lectured by Wong and his stupid rules. Not now.

"I warned you Stephen. You cannot escape death, it's inevitable." 

"I-I know" I whispered not wanting to admit my defeat. I wanted to make Tony better so bad. "I just need him back, I-I don't know if I c-could live with myself knowing that he's gone and that I couldn't do anything about it."

Wong sighed and walked closer to me. "You already tried. And Tony is not dead, he is close though." I could hear Wong's voice almost crack. "You need to stay by him now, before-"

Wong paused and made a portal to the hospital behind me. I turned my head to face the portal that lead to the hospital. "You need to go to him, just in case anything happens."

I didn't want to see Tony. His current state of health was unbearable. But Wong was right, I needed to be there. So I got up from Tony's bed and headed through the portal taking me to the waiting area inside the hospital. 

There I could see Peter and Steve sitting there and waiting outside of Tony's room. I walked closer, but felt dizzy and weirdly fatigued. It was as if my innards were sloshing around uncontrollably inside of me. The feeling intensified as I got closer and closer to Tony's room. 

Steve looked up and saw me in my current unhealthy state. He quickly got up and gave me a hand for stability as I felt my knees go weak. 

"You don't look so good Stephen. What happened with your plan?" Steve asked as he lead me to a seat next to Peter. I clutched my stomach tight as I sat down, not wanting to talk about what happened back there. 

"It d-didn't work" I mustered out, feeling the tears begin to spill from my eyes and trail down my cheeks. I closed my eyes for a second not being able to control myself at the moment. I wanted to jump up and strangle a Doctor to fix Tony immediately because I needed him to stay alive.