Nightmares

Tony's POV:

"Tony there was no other way..." I heard Stephen Strange say behind me, I looked at him and his eyes, those beautiful eyes

"Why would you do that?" I asked with blood dripping down my face, I could taste copper on my lips. I continued to look over at Strange. I didn't want him to go, not now, I wanted him to stay. 

That wasn't going to happen because I see him start to turn gray, then disappear into dust right in front of my eyes. "No..." I muttered under my breath.

"M-mr. Stark..." I looked over at Peter, no not him... "I don't feel so good."  I didn't want him to leave too, I wanted him to stay here with me, because he was just a kid.

"You're okay" I said trying to sound encouraging not wanting Peter to disappear.  

"I-I don't wanna go Mr. Stark... please" Peter pleaded lunging forward towards me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders hanging onto me. "Please..."

I laid him down on Titans rubble floor. He looked at me with his saddened eyes. 

"I'm sorry..."

Then right in front of  my eyes, Peter was gone. I tried to catch his dust particles that were floating away with the wind, and up into the sky.

I felt my heart drop as I closed my eyes, wiping the blood from my hands. 

"He did it..." I heard a voice behind me, I didn't even bother to look back because everyone I knew a loved was gone. 

And I was left, it should have been the other way around...

It's my fault.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up sweating. My eyes widened to try and see my surroundings. But they were fogged up by my the tears forming in my eyes. I wiped my face to get a better look. I tried to look around to see if Stephen was near me. 

But he wasn't and I was scared. I quickly got out of the bed I didn't remember falling asleep on, trying to stop the tears coming from my eyes. I pushed through the things around in the room, I opened my eyes to actually see the room a bit clearer, but then I caught glance of a window. I peered outside to see it was night, and there was pouring rain outside as well. 

I felt my insides turn, I needed Stephen now. I wanted to feel his touch, I needed him to calm me down. I stumbled outside into the rain, trying to find someone, anyone who could help me. There were more tears falling from my eyes, as I looked around outside.

Nobody. Not a single soul outside. I could feel my thumping heart trying to break out of my chest. Were they all gone? Was I the only one left? I should be the first one to perish if it were real.... 

I wanted somebody anybody to notice that I was here too, I could feel my head throbbing and the tears kept on coming. 

"Stephen..." I called at a lower volume. There was no reply.

"Stephen! Please..."

I felt the rain flood over me as I dropped to the ground crying in defeat, and fear. I wanted to hear somebody come and comfort me, but I knew I was the only one left. Unheard, unthought of. 

"Anyone!"

"PLEASE... SOMEBODY!" I called out again, desperately hoping somebody would hear me, and come.

I pulled my knees up to my chest falling onto the wet floor. Crying. I needed to start breathing, but I then felt myself start to hyperventilate. Trying to let air pass through my lungs, and into my system. But none of that was working. I couldn't breathe. 

"Tony?" I heard a voice, a voice that I remember, that I recognized. I jumped up onto my feat, not even knowing yet who I was running to. I grasped the person, hugging them and crying in their arms. I felt their body, I knew who it was.

"S-Stephen..." I muttered out still holding onto him. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me to his room. 

Once we were inside his room he set me down on his bed and handed me a towel from his bathroom. I pulled the towel around my body trying to warm myself up, but I just felt colder. 

Stephen sat down next to me putting an arm around me, like in a sideways hug. I rested my head onto his shoulder trying to relax myself and stop my crying. 

"You going to tell me what happened out there?" Stephen asked smoothing his hand through my wet hair. I didn't want to tell him. Maybe he would think I was crazy and not want to be with me anymore. 

So I just stayed quiet and let him smooth my hair. I continued to hold onto his body, just wanting him to stay with me and never leave my sight again. 

"Tony, talk to me" he soothed trying to catch my eyes. But I just stared blankly at the floor, not wanting to speak. 

He then got up and started walking away from me. That got me scared, I didn't want him to leave me, I didn't want to be alone. 

"W-Wait... Don't leave me!" I cried getting up from my seat and running over towards him. Dropping the towel onto the ground as I held onto him trying to stop his from leaving. I pressed my head against his chest and I continued to cry. 

"Hey, baby don't cry. It's okay, I'm not leaving you."

I continued to cry still grasping onto his body. He walked me back over to his bed, and sat me down. "I'm just gonna get you a fresh pair of clothes, okay?"

I nodded slowly, as he walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out a black tank top, and some sweat pants. He then handed them to me smiling a comforting smile. 

I took off my previous wet clothes, then pulled over the fresh clean ones. They smelled like Stephen, it immediately made me feel calmer. Stephen also changed into his lounge clothes, as he took the towel from me and threw it into his bathroom.

I snuggled up into his covers that smelled so good. I closed my eyes, wanting to feel him next to me. He pulled the covers up, then came into bed with me. I pulled him close to my body so that I wasn't cold and alone. He held my hand, but then he turned up to lock eyes with mine.  

"Anthony, you need to tell me what's going on..." he mumbled into my ear. I turned to face him, trying not to break down in tears. 

"I really don't want to talk about it Stephen" I sighed then turning around to face the wall next to me. I heard him sigh pretty loudly, then he placed a hand on my shoulder. 

"You know, when having a relationship... you usually have to tell each other everything"

I could feel Stephen looking at me. I knew he just wanted to help me. I knew he just wanted to save me from myself. 

I turned back around so that we were parallel from each other. He looked at me with concern all over his face, but I couldn't tell if he was concerned for me or for us

I sighed and then stoped my crying to try and speak. 

"I-I s-..." I mustered out, he continued to hold my hand in his and look at me. I didn't want to tell him that I wasn't who he thought I was, some cheeky guy who loves to work in a lab all day and who tries to save the world. No. I was nothing like that.

My eyes began to close and I let myself talk without even seeing Stephen's reaction.

"I suffer from PTSD Stephen..."

cool another chapter... I wanted this chapter to be short and sweet but I failed doing so. Sorry this chapter wasn't as detailed as I hoped it would be. It was that sad so sorry. cool beanz I'm tired so bye.

-Author?