Forgotten

Tony's POV:

A wonderful man once told me that it was okay to cry. It was okay to let your emotions out, to tell people how you felt. 

But I've never cried this much in my life.

When I was crying here on my bed, sobbing, letting everything out, I couldn't stop thinking about him. The man that I love so much, but the man that I lied to. The man that I share the equivalent love for another woman.

Tears wouldn't stop spilling from my eyes, they just kept on coming and falling. My emotions were running all over the place, and the only cure to this was gone. He left me in this room, to cry, to wilt away in my sorrows. 

 "Please just be a dream... please..." I sputtered out as I covered my face with a pillow. This pillow smelled of him, it was so comforting. "Please be a nightmare that will end soon..."

I knew this was real though. Because only real life could truly hurt me like this. 

I quickly checked my watch to see that it was almost 8:30pm. My date started in a half an hour. But did I really want to go? Would I really risk loosing Stephen and going on this really special date with Pepper? I couldn't decide. 

I slowly got up, and walked over towards the bathroom. Where I leant over the sink and looked myself in the mirror. 

"You're so fucking stupid..." I starred at myself, squinting my eyes in disappointment. 

"Why did you have to ruin everything, like you always do?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I rinsed my face with water to try and stop myself. I then freshened up to try and look presentable. 

But it didn't even matter at this point, nothing even mattered. I was going to the fucking date, whether I wanted to or didn't, because I still loved Pepper. Whether I liked it or not. 

I made my way out of the building and into my car. It would have been much easier if Stephen were around, he would have teleported me right to the restaurant. Much more efficient.

It took about ten minutes to get to the restaurant and another ten minutes until I realized what I was doing, then five seconds for Pepper to come right after I realized, but then one look at her and my mind changed. 

"Wow this place is really great honey!" She said happily, she was actually happy. 

"Stephen used to call me that" I muttered under my breath so she couldn't hear. 

"What was that?"

"Nothing- so what are you planning on ordering?" 

She checked the menu and that gave me and good chance to rethink about what would happen during the date. Would I blow her off, would I give her a chance. Could I just run out of the restaurant and fly off to a deserted island? Out of all three, I preferred the last option. 

I starred at her as she was looking at all the dishes listed on the menu. My mind was a mess, along with everything else that was me. I couldn't even recall what was happening right now?

"You know I can't believe you actually showed up?" Pepper suddenly question and stopped my thinking. I blinked a couple times before actually being able to take in what she said and process it in order to answer her. 

"U-uh yeah, I did..." 

"For some reason I thought you were getting together with Strange, but that's crazy right?"

My expression was blank, and I didn't know what to say. But I had to say something.

"What? That is the most craziest thing I've heard you say in like 20 years Pep. I'm definitely not into a weird sorcerer supreme, doctor, wizard man. I mean, come on let's be realistic please" I chuckled then twirled a fork around with my fingers. 

"Yeah, you're right. I don't know, just wanted to get that off my mind" she then took her gaze off of me and back onto the menu. 

I was so fucking messed up right now. My thoughts couldn't contain myself and my brain wasn't functioning. 

I knew I would have to break it to her either now or later. And right now seemed like the best time to do so, because it was not getting too late, so I still had time to make things right. I needed to confess, everything. 

"Pepper" I sighed as she looked up at me, "we need to talk."

*****

Stephen's POV:

The quietness of the sanctum took over everything. I couldn't hear a single noise. I liked it like this, very calming, and quiet. 

The only noise that was present though was me flipping through pages of many different books. As I was studying on the arts of magic. I still had a lot to learn as a sorcerer supreme. 

Reading, and quiet were the things keeping my mind off of Tony. Every so often though it would hit me that Tony didn't love me anymore and all that time with him was a waste. But then I would focus really hard onto the book I was trying to read and the thoughts would blur. 

But since this cycle kept repeating I guess I couldn't stop thinking about him. And how much he fucked up real bad. 

I grew tired. Of thinking and reading, and worrying, plus holding in the tears. I wanted sleep, maybe sleep could help me stop thinking and keep me sane. 

But before I closed the book, a notification went off on my cellphone. I sighed as the noise of my devise broke the silence of the sanctum. 

I pulled out my cellphone a checked the message. 

It was a voicemail from Tony. 

I held my breath tight. Maybe it was an apology and he was going to tell me how much he loved me and wanted to tell me how badly he was wrong. How it was just a misunderstanding and he was making it all up in his head. 

My finger lightly and hesitantly pressed on the play button, and I could hear his breathing, lightly. 

"I know you probably don't want to hear my voice right now Stephen, but there's something that needs to be addressed. I went on the date." I didn't want to continue to listen, I was scared, "I know how all of a sudden things changed, and all that stuff with Pepper could have been confusing to you. I know. But please refrain from seeing me, I know if I see you it could interfere with me and Pepper's relationship. Pepper has always been there for me and I could never say no to her, so everything that happened with us, and all the memories we shared should be forgotten. It would be like we never met, a whole new beginning. I can't say I'm sorry but, I can say goodbye." 

And with that, the call ended. That was the last of it, the last time I would ever hear his voice. The last time I could ever see him again. My body felt numb, all the memories of us together being brought back. How we used to love each other and how we confessed to one another in the pouring rain. 

Tears began to form, and they streamed down my face. I couldn't bare with the emotions going on. My brain felt it was about to explode and I couldn't comprehend the facts entering me. We could never speak again? Why? When did he decide this? Why Pepper, and not me? What was wrong with me?

Everything I loved was gone. 

It would be like we never loved each other, like we never felt one another. Like I've never met the person I was sure to live with for the rest of my life.  

It would all be a forgotten part of my life, something that I wouldn't be able to think of. Because it would hurt too much. The man I loved more than anything, was gone. 

lol yikes

-person