Rains Not As Bad As it Seems

Tony's POV:

Me and Stephen slowly walked out of Stephens room where Peter was asleep. I tried to keep things quiet not wanting to start up a conversation, because I knew how it would turn out. 

"Tony we need to talk" I heard Stephen announce, too late. I didn't want to be offensive or anything, but I knew I couldn't talk to him, not now. 

"I'm gonna go get some air" I sighed as I made my way to the elevator that lead outside. I walked faster so that he couldn't hold me back. 

"Tony wait-" Stephen began but was cut off by the elevator doors closing. I did feel bad for them closing when he was mid-way through his sentence, but I was already inside. When I finally reached the outdoor world it was raining. The one thing I loved most, rain. Why couldn't it have rained later. I walked to the back of the tower where there was a little porch where I could sit and gaze out towards the night, raining city. There was a small staircase that lead down to the backyard of the tower where everything was wet. But I was shielded from the rain by the small roof above me. 

The rain hit the ground hard, I could hear every droplet smack its way to the earth's floor. I loved the sound of rain, it was so calming. I was relaxing a bit more now, almost forgetting everything that hurt me, it seemed to wash away with the rain. Then suddenly I heard some sparky noise behind me, like a mix between sparks of electricity and fire crackling. I already knew who it was not even having to look behind me. 

"What are you doing here Stephen?" I asked still keeping my gaze out onto the rain. I heard the foot steps become louder and closer to me. 

"Rain is beautiful isn't it?" Stephen said completely ignoring my question. He took a seat next to me, and he too stared out into the rain. 

"Yeah..." I agreed.

"Tony we do need to talk though" Stephen then brought up the stuff I didn't want to think about, I was just trying to clear my mind. Something that I rarely ever do, due to the fact that most of the time I'm always cooped up in my lab. 

"Does it even matter anymore" I sighed, "Look, I said things in there that I regret okay." Stephen looked at me, but he didn't say anything else. 

"Why would you say anything like that?" 

I didn't answer I just got up from my seat and stood out into the rain. It dripped down my body, making me feel chilly. I liked it. How the small drops of rain go through that whole cycle just to end up on my body. Letting me be one with them. My arms and legs were all soaked, the only thing keeping me warm was my damp clothes, they didn't make a difference though. 

"I'm not who you think I am okay! I'm a mess, I can't even keep track of what I do!" I blurted, holding it in was hard, and the way I wanted to confess was when I was in the rain. "I can't even live the way I want without thinking about you!" 

Stephen didn't say anything, he just got up and slowly walked into the rain. His hair flattened down and it soaked up all the wet from the sky, then the drops trickled down his face and onto his clothes, his body. 

"What do you mean?" He asked walking closer to me, I wanted him away for what I do, and all the people I hurt. So I step back a few and he stops. 

"I'm broken Stephen, I'm a piece of broken junk that can never be fixed." I stated, "I want to love, I want to be normal but not a day goes by when I know I'm not." I clear my throat wanting nothing else to exit my mouth, but it doesn't stop. "I know ending my life wouldn't make a difference, I know nobody would care. Knowing that Peter would blame himself put me on edge, and I'm dangerous!" 

"What! You'll never be dangerous Tony!" 

"I am what I am and I'll never change... Stephen you are-" I stopped, I couldn't feel my body. My feet were numb and I was cold, very cold. My heart racing, all I could see were Stephen's eyes, those beautiful eyes. 

"Tony you can't think these thoughts, why are you even considering killing yourself. For me?" 

I stood still, in the rain, the cold icy rain. I felt my mouth open, but nothing came out. I couldn't manage any words to exit my lips. "Why Tony, why!" 

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" I shouted, my body shivering. I didn't want to say what I just said but I wanted him to know so bad. He didn't say anything though, just stood there staring at me with sad eyes. Eyes that could pierce through vibranium, it certainly pierced through me. 

He started to walk over towards me, slowly. Still staring at me, holding me in position with that stare. Suddenly he lunged for me placing his hands on both sides of my head, pulling me into his grasp. 

Our lips collided faster than I could even comprehend, the rain mixing with us. We were both soaked to the toe, but we still had each other and that's all that mattered. I let myself merge with Stephen letting him take control over us. I could feel the warmth of his lips on mine, it was enough warmth to warm me from the rain. 

Eventually we needed to  break since you know, air. I pulled away from him slowly so that our heads were still leaning on each other. I wanted to hold him forever, because he meant so much to me now. 

"That was late" Stephen chuckled, a deep chuckle. I smiled, still holding onto his damped body. We stood there for a while just gazing at each other admiring our presence. Then I felt a shiver start up my spine, and I new my body was all numb. 

"Jeez, I'm cold!" I chattered my teeth, Stephen smiled then took my hand in his, leading us back to the tower. 

"Come on, how about a nice hot shower?" 

I smiled knowing what he meant. "Yeah that sounds relaxing..."

We headed up the elevator and into my bedroom, where we took a quick shower and headed into bed. I lie there with Stephen by my side, as we both stared up at the ceiling not saying a word, it wasn't an awkward silence though, more peaceful. 

"You know when I first met you, I thought you were a douchebag..." Stephen said to me, in a lazy sort of voice. I chuckled pulling his arm over my shoulder so I could hold his hand. "But now I think you're my douchebag." 

I turned my head to face him, he had his gaze already on me. I smiled, squeezing his hand. Then he turned me over so that I was under him and he was on top of me. He leant in close to me pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back many times as we rolled around on my bed, kissing. 

"Oh god, I love you..." I whispered into his ear when we took a breather, he pushed me deeper into my bed. Locking our lips together as he moved his hands up to my hair, smoothing it back with every kiss. 

"I'll love you forever too Tony... you are my world" Stephen sighed as he lowered down to my level on the bed. He buried his head into my neck, holding onto me tight as if I was going to leave any time soon, which I wasn't. 

"You too babe" I smiled, he took his face from my neck and looked at me raising one eye-brow.

"Babe?" he asked smirking at me. I smirked back, not answering. He then cuddled back next to me, shoving his hand under my back. I snuggled back next to him so that our faces were right next to each other. 

"Good night, baby" I sighed, Stephen didn't even question me calling him these names, he just rolled with it.

"Good night, hun.."