The Dance

Tony's POV:

The party was coming up soon. 

I had everything prepared, everything organized. Except for my courage to confess to Stephen. It has been the only thing I have been thinking about. I've been so paranoid of how he was gonna look, or how I should dress and all.

I quickly ran into the bathroom changing into my finest suite, I needed to look the best when I got into the party room. I did a speedy shave around of face,  trying not to shave my precious stubble, and ran a hand full of gel through my brown short hair. Adding a dab of cologne to my body before taking a long glance at myself through my head to toe mirror. 

"Looking good stark" I muttered smiling at myself in the tall mirror. I wonder if Stephen is looking as good as me?

I waltzed out of my room and into the party room where most people were at. I made eye contact with Peter, and shuffled over towards him. "Hey kid how've you been since the last time I saw you?" I asked placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I've been holding up pretty well Mr. Stark" Peter smiled, placing his hands inside his pockets. I smiled a bit of how much this kid my kid has changed so much since I began to mentor him. But now he can do things on his own, without coming to me for help. I don't know why but I feel accomplished with him, like a parent when their child has just graduated and gotten married. They feel like their work is done and their child is going to grow up to be a great person.

"How's May?" I ask wiggling my eye-brows. Of course I didn't have a crush on Peter's aunt, but I always joked about it with him. 

"That's gross Mr. Stark, you know May thinks you're a lunatic, playboy who can't eat without someone spoon feeding you" Peter chuckled lightly punching my shoulder. I chuckled, trying to make it look like his punch to my arm didn't hurt, because he thinks he's lightly punching me but his super human strength is powerful. 

"Hey, that hurts" I pulled on my fake serious face. I placed my hand over my hurt shoulder, Peter looked up at me furrowing his eye-brows. 

"You okay Mr. Stark?" He asked confused. I wince a bit. 

"Yah, it's just your super strength is really powerful" I grinned to show that it was nothing really. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry Mr. Stark! I didn't mean to hurt you!" He begged for forgiveness. I laughed, making him calm down some. 

"Don't sweat it kid, you're fine. Now go have some fun!" I pushed him away. "But don't drink too much!" I chuckled waving back towards him.

"You do realize I haven't grown that much Mr. Stark!" He laughed back at me smiling, I smiled back before Peter disappeared into the kitchen probably looking for Shuri or Loki. I then started my search for Stephen, wanting to know how he dressed and how he smelled. Oh god I'm obsessed!

I ignored my weird thoughts and walked over to the bar in the corner of the room where I saw Steve, Bucky, and Nat talking. I sat on a bar stool next to Steve, and ordered myself an ice cold beer. 

"One beer please, and make it cold" I directed the barman, then looked over at Steve to grab his attention. 

"So you plan on asking Strange to dance?" Steve asked quietly so that nobody else could hear. I sighed not wanting him to bring it up since I was still a bit uneasy about that topic. 

"I don't know Steve, I just-" I sighed tapping on the marble counter in front of me. "-I just don't know if I'll be accepted as..." 

"Gay?" Steve finished knowing that this was hard for me to accept since it was still new to me. I looked at him sadly, he had a sad look to his face as well.