Son (Pt 1)

Tony's POV:

"You ready Tony?" I heard Stephen call from outside his bedroom. I quickly refreshened my looks before heading out the doors. 

"Coming honey" I replied sarcastically walking up to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. He then started making his weird wizard-y hand motions to form a portal. The portal was a shorter way to get to the tower. We ended up inside the living room. 

Shit.

As soon as we stepped in, the whole team sitting on the couch turned their heads towards us. Stephen casually continued walking down the hall to our bedroom, I wanted to follow him but I knew the team was going to ask questions. So I'd rather them ask me right now rather than bombarding Stephen with questions.

"Tony?" 

"Barton?"

I turned  to face Clint with an annoyed face. I could tell he knew I didn't want to talk, and that's what pushed him to ask me. 

"What were you guys up to?" He asked wiggling his eye-brows, I groaned in annoyance and he laughed. 

"I was just popping a visit to Stark tower, and I ran into Stephen to give me a portal home" I lied making sure not to sound too annoyed because maybe they could get a hint on me.

"What about wizard man?"

I rolled my eyes, "For the last time Barton, his name is Stephen Strange-"

"Actually it's doctor Stephen Strange, and I was just heading to the sanctum to do some work and pick up a book from the library." Stephen interrupted, then giving me an 'it's okay you tried' kind of look.

For some odd reason it caused me to blush, but I quickly hid it away before anyone could point it out. 

"How about we cut these guys some slack Clint, we wouldn't be bombarding you with question if you didn't show up for a day" Steve said walking out of the kitchen and into the living room where everyone was at. 

I looked over at him, and he gave a small nod. I smiled and continued to head towards my room. I was still worried about Peter, I really wanted to check up on him. 

So I walked into my room, then place down my belongings, and I headed back out to Peter's room. I brought myself to the doorway and gave it a small knock. 

There was a short pause before the door creaked open just a bit so I could walk in. When I walked in, Peter was nowhere to be seen. I checked the other side of the door to see a string of web hanging from it. 

I then looked around the room for where the web could have been shot from, and I met eyes with a dark shadow hanging from the ceiling. I squinted my eyes to get them adjusted to the dark light, and I could almost make out a face. Peter. 

"Is that you Pete?" I asked the dark shadow hanging from the ceiling. The shadow dropped from the ceiling and onto the bed under it, where I could clearly see his face. 

Peter had red marks around his eyes, I could tell he's been crying a lot. I walked closer to him to see that he was wearing his whole suit. 

"You planning on heading out?" I asked taking a seat on his bed next to him. He looked away from me, I knew he didn't want me to see him cry. I didn't want him to feel that way though. 

I placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him, he looked up at me while I did so. 

"I'm sorry Mr. Stark... being spider man just calms me down sometimes" I sighed as he began to take off his web shooters. I grabbed his wrist before he could even unclip them.