Chapter 10 :- I Love You

Hello Folks Your Author is back with another chapter. Amour is Cannon, that's what this chapter is about. So grab your popcorn and dig in.
《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》
With Ash & Serena

Ash slowly and steadily got up,hearing those words from Serena. He had trouble maintaining his balance and his vision was blurry. Once he settled down he could see his 6 pokemon, along with Serena and Delphox looking at him worriedly. Slowly the memories of the past few days returned to him. He wanted to think that Darkrai was giving him nightmares but it was not true. Tears started forming in his eyes and he started sobbing while he hugged Serena. For the first time, she didn't blush madly. She was just shocked. She sure had seen Ash depressed but crying like this? Never. She slowly composed herself. "Now there Ash. Let it all out. I'm there for you." She said while running her hands through his raven black hair. Ash was mumbling quite a few things but she could only make out one thing. 'I'm a failure. Mom sorry I couldn't save you.' Serena knew what was the situation now. She let Ash take his time and when the crying died down, she asked "Ash please tell me what happened. I'm here to help you." Serena said as calmly as possible.
"Serena do you believe me?" Ash asked clearing his face. Serena was just shocked. He was questioning her faith in him?
"Serena why are you silent tell me do you believe me or not?" Ash shouted on top of his voice. "Yes Ash I believe you. Always have, always will. Why are you questioning me?" But Ash couldn't reply. He just started sobbing. All pokemon knew that this was not their place to tell anything as they too were depressed.
Ash started sobbing again and said " But they didn't Serena... they didn't ..." Ash trailed off.
"Ash please tell me what happened. I promise that I will not leave you and always be by your side." Serena assured him.
Ash slowly and steadily told Serena the events of how his mother was killed, Giovanni and most important, The Betrayal.
Serena was shocked to the core. Never in the seven layers of the distortion world had she thought that something like this would happen to Ash. He always helped people and Pokemon to the best of his ability, no matter who they were. But now here he was. Losing ones mother is a big deal, but being betrayed by the very ones whom you helped all the time was unbearable. Serena couldn't control her tears after this. Seeing this made Ash fume with rage.
"Giovanni will pay for this. He will die." Ash announced and his eyes turned red and a dark aura started surrounding his body. All the Pokemon were terrified of this. Serena had seen Ash like this during the Hoopa incident but instead of being scared she quickly composed herself and lunged onto Ash.
"Ash pleae stop. This is not like you. You don't kill people for revenge. Please we will bring justice to your mom the right way."
Ash slowly calmed down after this
"Thanks.." Ash said.
"But how could they do this? I couldnt believe that Clemont and Bonnie could do this."
"Even I couldn't believe it Serena. Sure that bastard lied to them but wasn't our friendship meant for nothing?" Ash asked depressed.
"Just know this Ash. You don't need such so called friends. I am always with you. I will never leave your side." Serena said assuringly.
"You don't know how much that means to me Serena." Ash said and hugged her. This time she couldn't control her blushing.
Soon all pokemon too jumped on their trainers and joined the hug.
"Thanks a lot guys. You're the best. Especially you Serena you are truly special." Ash said and she blushed again.
'She is so cute when she blushes' Ash thought. But something was bugging him.
"Hey Lucario, it was Sean who helped us wasn't it?" Ash asked his jackal.
"Yes master it was him indeed. His Mega Gardevoir came in front of us before the attack hit. She couldn't teleport us all out but her protect withstood some of the attacks. She was heavily damaged too."
"What a Mega Gardevoir too!!! Hmm.... He helped us in Alola too, as well as gave me those gifts. What is he upto and why is he helping me so much? Also who was that woman? His girlfriend?" Ash pondered about it.
" Master he has told us why he is helping you but we can't tell you that. We promised him we won't tell you anything."
"What? But why?"
" He said he wants to be the one who tells you everything. He just wanted some time for himself. And yes that woman is his girlfriend."
"Ash leave it for now. He will come and tell you when he wants. "Serena said.
"Yeah you are right. "
"Hey Ash, why am I able to understand Lucario?" Serena asked out of the blue.
Ash blushed at this but Serena didn't notice. Pikachu and and others were snickering.
"Well you...see...umm... Lucario trusts you too. Thats why yeah.." Ash answered stuttering.
Serena found this doubtful but shrugged it off thanking Lucario. Ash put his pokemon back in their pokeballs. Pikachu sat in his shoulder. Ash apologized for putting him in his pokeball but he quickly nuzzled his cheeks with Ash saying that it was fine.
"Serena let's go" Ash said.
"Where?" Serena asked confused.
"Well I want to give my mother a final goodbye. Since you know..."
"Its okay Ash let's go."
Soon they found a clearing with a small stream running. Ash picked up some flowers that his mother liked, mostly white ones stand stood on a bridge above the stream.
"Hey mom..." Ash started. " I know I was not a good son. I barely stayed home after my journeys and rushed into new ones. I was always reckless and never told you about my adventures with evil teams. I am sorry mom. Yet you always supported me. You raised this naive, reckless kid all by yourself. I remember my fights with Gary all the time." Ash chuckled."I promise that I will be less reckless from now on. And I will find my siblings no matter what. Goodbye Mom. Rest in peace. Justice will be served." Ash said with tears in his eyes and kissed the railing of the bridge. Pikachu mimicked his actions. Serena was watching him, silently paying her respects too. Ash threw the flowers in the stream and watched them flow away.
"Hey Ash, I know she is proud of you." Serena said.
"Yes. She always called me 'my little pokemon master'." Ash said and held the locket in his hand.
"Ash if you don't mind me asking what was she like? And what is that locket?"
"Well, she was always a great person. Kind, caring, helpful and the best cook in the world. She liked gardening a lot. That's why I picked only her favorite flowers. She would tell me to get flowers native to a particular region whenever I leave on my journeys." Serena smiled hearing this.
"As for your other question, this locket is the family locket of the Ketchums. Mom gave it to me before she died. She also told me that I have 2 siblings but couldn't tell me who or where they were." Serena gasped.
"She seemed like a great person Ash. I would have liked to meet her in person. But why would she not tell you earlier?"
"I don't know Serena. But what I know is she sure had her reasons. I don’t know anything about them or my dad. Say do you know the famous world champiom Red?"
"Yes. He was known to be the strongest of them all. But he disappeared suddenly one day. No one knows anything about him."
"His full name was Red Ketchum."
"Y..you mean he is..."
"Yes Serena he is my father."
"Wow Ash. I don't know what to say."
"Its okay Serena."
They stayed for sometime and walked back to the same park they were in earlier. The sun had set and the moon had risen shining in the night sky along with the various stars, hundreds of light years away. The Prism tower also had bright shining lights. But what Ash was looking at was Serena's beautiful face shining in the light of the moon. He then remembered what he originally wanted to do after visiting his mom. He was shaking with nervousness now. He didn't want to lose the only person he had with him. Pikachu sensed this.
"Pika pi Pikachu." Pikachu told Ash.
"Huh? Ya you're right buddy I have to do this." Ash replied. Serena meanwhile wasn't listening to them and was enjoying the view of the night sky.
"The sky is so beautiful today right Ash?"
Serena said smiling.
"Y..Yeah." ' Not as beautiful as you though.'
Ash took a deep breath and started." Umm Serena can I ask you something?" Ash said nervously. This caught her attention and she turned to Ash.
"Sure what is it?"
"You see now that I have my memories back I remembered something."
"And that is?"
"That kiss." Serena blushed furiously at this. Hearing this Pikachu and Delphox ran away.
"W..What about i..it?" Serena stuttered.
"When you kissed me, was that your way of saying you love me?" Ash asked while Serena just nodded.
"So have you moved on or do you still love me?" Ash asked and now Serena was furious.
"How dare you say that Ash? I would never move on without knowing your answer ever." Serena retorted.
"I'm sorry Serena. You know how much of a fool I am in these topics. When they said-"
"They are nothing but a bunch of blood sucking vampires. Don't listen to them."
Ash was dumbstruck. This beautiful girl who could get any guy was waiting for a dense idiot like him. Tears started forming in his eyes. Without beating an eyelid he quickly moved towards Serena and placed his lips on hers. Serena was taken aback by this but soon responded by kissing him back. They both had to break it beacuse lack of oxygen.
"I love you Serena." Ash said catching his breath. Tears of joy started forming in Serena's eyes.
"I love you too Ash. You have no idea how much my ears were yearning to hear those words from you." Serena said with a wide smile." And don't you dare question my love for you." She said changing her tone to a stern one .
"I'm sorry Serena. Sorry for everything. From forgetting about the Summer Camp to putting you in my troubles."
"You don't need to say sorry Ash. I love you for what you are and always will. And your troubles are my troubles too."
"So will you be my girlfriend?" Ash asked.
Serena didn't reply. Instead she pulled him for deep passionate kiss. Ash was taken aback but soon melted. He put his arms around her waist instinctively and pulled her closer while she put her hands around his neck. They both kissed for a good five minutes and then seperated for air.