Chapter 24:- Shalour Galore (Part 1)

《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》
Ash and Serena had reached Shalour City. The mood was good since Ash was cleared of all the charges. Ash had told Serena many stories about his adventures in other regions. Serena was amazed by the type of adventures Ash had and also by Team Rocket's loyalty to get Ash's Pikachu. When he asked Serena about her adventures in Hoenn, she told him that it was mostly travelling, camping, coordinating and catching some pokemon. Yes, she had some encounters with some poachers and some other stuff but that was it. She made a note that this was probably the 'absence of Ash Ketchum effect'.

Currently, they were waiting outside the Shalour City Gym for Sean and Leaf. Sean told him he had some important work in the Tower of Mastery so they decided they would go together. Soon the other couple arrived and they all went into the Shalour City Gym. When they went inside they saw a blonde girl in a skaters outfit crying on an older man's shoulder. The man had humongous eyebrows and looked a bit threatening. When he saw the four of them enter, his attention turned towards them. He immediately sensed that they were wielders of Aura( Yes Sean and Ash helped Leaf and Serena learn aura powers).

"Yes how may I help you?" The old man asked.
"Erhm... we wanted to have a gym battle but seems like the time isn't right. We will come later." Ash said.
"Ok. Which one of you is battling?" The man asked again.
"Alice here is challenging the normal team while-" Ash was cut off by Sean, "I will be challenging the veteran team, your Lucario specifically." Sean said earning a shocked look from the gym leader and his granddaughter. Ash meanwhile was confused. He thought he was going to battle.
"Hey, I thought I was gonna battle?! " Ash asked.
"Sorry Greg, I want to fight this bout if that's okay with you?" Sean asked
"No issues here." Ash said handing him the mega ring.

"So are you willing to battle now Gurkinn?" Sean asked smirking. Gurkinn thought he must be mad for challenging his Lucario. He tried reading his mind but to no fruition. He had even beat Diantha's Gardevoir with his Lucario but didn't want to be champion. Plus Diantha was his old student. So he didn't mind her being champion, since he knew she will do a good job.

"Alright then, Let's battle. Korrina you will be battling Alice next." Gurkinn said in stern tone, which made Korrina know that she had to battle, no matter what condition she was in.

"Ok grandpa." She replied meekly. The group noticed her tone, specifically Ash and Serena. They had travelled with her in Kalos for some time and grew worried for her.

Both Gurkinn and Sean stood on the opposite sides of the battlefield, ready to go. "I can see you all are aura wielders, let's see what you got." Gurkinn said releasing his Lucario. This revelation shocked all except Sean.

"Glad to know that Diantha had a good teacher." Sean said shocking Gurkinn and took out a pokeball. "Lucey you're up." Sean said releasing his Lucario. Both the canines stood glaring at each and gauged each others strength. The both gave a nod respecting each others strength.

"Thats one strong Lucario." Gurkinn commented.

"Of course he is. We have been training with each other since I was 10. He is the one who taught me aura." Sean retorted while Lucario growled in approval.

"Enough small talk lets begin."

"Couldn't agree more." Sean said activating the mega ring.

Battle Begin
Gurkinn-Bold
Sean- Italics

Lucario Aura Sphere

Lucey do the same.

Both pokemon formed blue spheres of aura in their hands and launched it towards each other. The two spheres collided at the centre of the field, trying to achieve dominance over one another. After some time the clash ended in a stalemate and a huge explosion took place at the centre of the field. When the smoke cleared, both Lucarios could be seen wrestling each other. The two jumped back and glared at each other. One could easily tell from the faces of the trainers that they were enjoying the battle. Korrina meanwhile was surprised that any Lucario had the strength equal to her grandfather's Lucario.