Chapter 38: The Tournament Begins

Hello my readers, welcome to the next chapter of Stand By Me. Just a small request, there will be a poll at the end of the chapter, so please drop your answers in the comment section.

With that out of the way, grab your popcorn and get ready for Chapter 38.
《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》

"Noooooo!!" Sean yelled .

It has been a month since the Masterclass and the media has gone crazy. Serena has been doing her best along with Aria to ensure Showcases still continue and admittedly, she has succeeded quite a lot. Well, apart from that, she and Ash are preparing for the tournament and her participation in the tournament is boosting Showcases too. Then why is Sean yelling?

"Come on Sean, you will do great." Diantha replied

"I know that, I just don't want to participate." Sean replied.

"I can't find someone else to be the entry from the Kalos Champion's side. So please." Diantha requested. Goodshow had asked all Champions to send 1 trainer that they deemed worthy of participating in the tournament. Diantha apparently was getting busy with Steven and completely forgot about that and now since it was the last day, she wanted Sean to take part. But Sean being Sean, didn't like to leave his secluded spot in hiding.

"Let me handle this." Leaf told Diantha. She went to Sean and whispered something into his ear, causing him to go bright red, at Serena levels. She giggled at his response.

"There you have it, he is ready to participate." Leaf told and Sean just nodded. Diantha was stunned. How did this happen?

"How??" She asked Leaf.

"Let's just say, I have my ways." She replied.

Time skip (Brought to you by Dialga)

*BOOM**BOOM**BOOM*

Various types of fireworks went into the air creating a beautiful display. The grand Lumiose stadium was illuminated by them, even in broad daylight as the thousands of people that had swarmed in the stadium cheered as a platform rose. Standing on it were Charles Goodshow and Scott, along with all the Champions which were Lance from Kanto and Johto, Brendan from Hoenn, Cynthia from Sinnoh, Trip from Unova, Diantha from Kalos and Professor Kukui from Alola. They all had smiles on their faces except for Trip, who had an arrogant look on his face. The crowd cheered again on their sight until Goodshow signalled them to stop.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the Master's League Tournament." Goodshow announced. The crowd roared as many people looked forward to the exciting battles coming ahead. This tournament was considered the tournament of the century and the competition was going to be top-notch.

"This tournament as you all know, is one of kind. Since the previous Master's League Tournament was cancelled due to the sudden disappearance of the previous World Champion we decided to take things to new levels. There are far too many trainers that have signed up for it and thus making it the most competitive tournament ever. Various trainers from various parts of the world and from various walks of life have signed up for this tournament, so I can ensure you that there well be a lot of heated battles ahead." The cheers were so loud by this point that even Professor Samson Oak's Komala would have woken up. After waiting for some time, Goodshow continued.

"As you all know, all the Champions apart from Professor Kukui, the interim Champion of Alola would be participating and many elite four members and gym leaders too. Apart from them, we have various ace trainers, Coordinators and even the Kalos Queen herself. So as you can see, there are going to be a lot of different battle styles here. So enough with the formalities, let the tournament begin."