Chapter 26:- Megastone Search

Hello readers, another chapter. But before that, I am so thrilled, this book has hit 6K+ reads. Thank you all for your support.

After this and the next two chapters, the pace of the story will increase. I mean more Team Rocket events would be coming and so on.

So with that out of the way, let's get started
《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》

After parting ways with Sean and Leaf yesterday and getting Serena's second princess key for their mission, both Ash and Serena with Pikachu on Ash's shoulder after a long time, are heading towards the Sea Spirit Den for getting a Blastoisinite which has been reportedly found. After a long walk, they finally reached the Azure Bay. Pikachu went back into a luxury ball which Ash somehow convinced him to go into. Truth be told it was Sylveon who convinced him and not Ash. So from there on, Ash and Serena rode on Ash's Samurott to reach the Sea Spirit Den. They encountered some tough wild pokemon on the way but nothing like Pikachu's Thunderbolt to deal with it. Serena let Marshtomp and Ash let Blastoise out for a swim. Marshtomp has lately been training very hard and could get a good swim in the shallow waters here. Also, they could find swampy waters in the cave. As for Ash, he believed if Blastoise wants the megastone, he will have to fight for it with him. After riding for some time, they reached a cave like structure. Serena was a bit intimidated because of the darkness, but Ash simply hugged her from the side to provide comfort. After Ash returned Samurott, the couple entered the cave for the Megastone.

The inside of the cave was pretty empty and had an eerie silence. There weren't many pokemon apart from some zubat and rattata or their evolved forms. Ash and Serena were confused since there was no sign of water. Normally there should have been some signs of water since there were water type megastones reported and pokemon would be protecting them. After walking for some time, suddenly a whole horde of Zubat and Golbat came their way. This caused both of them to duck and run here and there, getting separated. Serena immediately got worried.

"Greg, Greg can you hear me?" Her voice echoed through the cave. She decided to use the fake names even if there weren't signs of people nearby.

"Yes Alice. Where are you?" Ash answered back. However, Serena couldn't pinpoint his location even approximately since there was a fair amount of echo in the cave.

"Greg the voice is echoing. We won't be able to find each other like this." Serena shouted .

"Okay. Lets try and make it back to the entrance. We can find the megastone later." Ash answered. Serena felt guilty that because of her, Ash would have to abandon the search.

"Greg you continue the search. I'll explore the cave meanwhile." Serena answered much to the shock of Ash.

"Are you sure Alice? You know you are afraid-" Ash started concerned for his love but was cut off by Serena's voice booming through the cave.

"Yes Greg now go on. I'll be fine" Serena said in an reassuring tone. This was enough for Ash to continue on and they both went deeper into the cave.

With Ash

Ash's  P.O.V

I let Pikachu out of his Pokeball knowing he might be pissed off. I was really worried about Serena. I know she is a really strong girl but everyone has a fear of something. She is somewhat afraid of the dark so I can't help but be worried about her. Although she has grown a lot, a part of that cute straw hat girl I rescued in the forest all those years ago does appear in her. All of us have a part of our childhood selves in us always I guess, no matter how much we grow up. I can't thank that Poliwag enough. It was because of that little tadpole that I met the girl whom I love more than anything else. I wouldn't trade it for anything, she is the most valuable for me right now and forever. Yes I have my brother and sisters, but still I can't help but feel that Serena matters a little more to me. I don't know what I would do without her but I don't want to think about such things. Serena told me to stay positive and that she will always be with me, so I will do the same.