Chapter 20 :- Once A Family

Before we start the Chapter, thank you so much guys for almost 3k reads. Also

This book reached #5 in Amourshipping. Thanks A bunch. So with that out of the way, let's get started.
《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》

Greg & Alice, the couple in disguise were just exiting Santulane Forest. Serena something and smiled, "Greg look its the Prism Tower" she exclaimed. "Now we do some great shopping. You had promised." Ash however, was feeling quite down. He didn't pay much attention to what Serena said. Serena was quick to notice this. "You alright Greg?" She asked. Ash mentally scolded himself for worrying his girlfriend like that. "Yes I am fine Honey." He lied but Serena saw right through him. "Don't lie to me Ashy. What did I tell you yesterday? I'm always with you." Ash wanted to fight but gave in. He was sad that he worried her but internally was very happy that she cared so much for him.
"Sorry Honey. Its just that the Prism Tower gives me vibes about them." Serena didn't need to be told twice about who Ash was referring too. It had just been 15 days since the incident and he was again enjoying life. Although she knew she was a major reason for it, she never admitted. Any other person would have given up on life if something like this had happened, but Ash didn't. Infact he had taken up the grave task of protecting the world from its greatest danger. "Ashy you need to let go please. I'm here for you. Mom, Leaf sis, Sean, Diantha and all others are there too. So please smile." Hearing this Ash cracked a smile.
"I'll do my best Honey."
"Thats all I need."
"Say Honey, do you mind if we skip Lumiose?" Ash asked
"How come? We need to go to Cyllage and the only way is this."
"That's where you are wrong. Pidgeot girl, come on out." Ash called his Pidgeot out.
"Pidgeoooooot" The Pokemon exclaimed.
"You mean... Noo.." Serena became scared.
"Come on Serena, nothing will happen. Aren't you the girl who saved Kalos fighting with Braixen on a freaking Mega Metagross" Ash assured and teased her. Serena became flustered hearing that.
"That was a different thing Mister, but O...ok" She said, blushing and nervous.
"Don't worry. I'm there with you." Ash said and climbed up. He held out his hand and helped Serena get on Pidgeot as well.
"Alright Pidgeot. Lets Go."
"Pidgeoooot." The Pokemon exclaimed and took flight. Ash could sense Serena was holding onto him tight. After some time, Ash asked "Serena..."
"Ash we are not dead right?"
"Of course not my silly Serena." He whispered softly. "Here I am there for you." Ash said and wrapped his hands around her. Serena slowly opened her eyes and what she saw took her breath away. The scene in front of her was heavenly. Clouds scattered everywhere with a skyline view of the entire Lumiose city. It truly felt as if she was in heaven. "Ashy..."
"I know its lovely. Honey, you gave me so much love even though I didn't ask for it. Now it is my turn to return the favour." He said answering all her questions. Each word he said sent a shiver down Serena's spine. She eased herself into the embrace.
"Alright time for some new moves let's go Pidgeot. Serena hold tight."
"Pikachu" both of them shouted, leaving Serena confused.
"New moves what aaaaah..." Pidgeot started its cycle of moves before Serena could finish. Pidgeot did Flips, 360 degree turns, swirls and twirls and all other stuff. It was like having a great rollercoaster ride. The surrounding fletchlings and flechinders were clearly amazed by the techniques of the experienced flyer. Ash had flown on all of his flying types albeit his first one. He was having the time of his life. Serena was screaming so hard that at a point she felt she herself would become deaf. After around 10 mins of flying, Ash asked Pidgeot to slow down.
"Wow that was wonderful. Sorry for getting carried away like that Serena. I hope you liked it." Ash replied nervously.
"Are you kidding me? Well at first I was afraid but this has got to be one of the best experiences of my life." She replied hugging him. "Apart from kissing you." She whispered into Ash's ear making him blush. Just when Ash was about to say something he felt something fall on top of him. He looked above to see that it was raining. "Oh no its raining. Pidgeot land as soon as possible." Ash told the Kanto bird. Pidgeot quickly descended into an alley in Lumiose city. By the time they touched the ground it started pouring heavily.
"Oh no Greg we would get really wet. We don't have waterproof backpacks as well." Serena exclaimed. Ash quickly returned Pidgeot and started looking around frantically for shelter at some shop. They quickly left the alley. To their dismay, all the shops were closed due to some reason. They started running, splashing some mud and water on their clothes as well. "Look Greg that building is open." Serena said pointing towards a rather large building.
"But Alice that is..."
"I know its the Professor's Lab Greg. But we don't have another choice. Also, the odds of them being there are quite slim."
"Fine you win." Ash grunted and they both dashed towards professor Sycamore's lab.