Saying goodbye

Devins POV
After seeing Selena break down I knew I made the right decision by coming to la and being with her and her family they needed me more so her. I can't believe she knew what to tell her niece and how her niece felt the presence of her grandpa. I hugged Selena back and we made our way inside she introduced me to her mom and she hugged me and said "my husband would have loved you" I hugged her and said "I'm sorry for your lost I'm here if you need anything and for Selena too" she smiled and said "please take care of her I know she's going to drown herself and preparing everything and not give herself time to process it" i nodded and said "I'll protect her and take care of her with everything that I have" we all sat down at the dinner table everyone was eating and I kept looking at Selena just taking small bites until she said "i need a minute" she walked away and went outside she took her phone her brothers were going to go but I stopped them and said "can I go" they nodded and said thank you. I opened the door and she said "I'm fine I just need a minute " I sat down and pulled her into my chest. She sighed and just stayed quiet looking at the sky. Her phone rang and saw that it was the funeral home she had selected at the hospital, they wanted her to bring in clothes and things they wanted him to be buried in. She didn't talk all she said okay thank you and hanged up. She looked at me and said "he really waited for me before he left devin" I hugged her tightly and said "he didn't want to leave without saying goodbye or seeing you one last time baby girl" she hugged me tighter and said "let's go back inside I need to be strong" I pulled her up and said "not around me you can cry, scream do whatever you want but please don't shut me out" she kissed me and said "I won't baby" once we made it back inside we continued eating sharing stories of their dad some laughs even came out and it was a beautiful moment to be a part of, Selena informed them that the funeral home called to take clothes and things they wanted to bury him in. They agreed mom would pick his clothes and they each would select something to bury with him. It was getting late and everyone was tired Selena and her mom were on a couch asleep she was holding her mom. I looked at her brothers and said "let me know if I can do anything for ang of you please I'm going to be here for Selena but I'm here for you all too" they hugged me and said "you being there for her is more than enough for us she's taking care of us and she needs someone to take care of her, I knew she needed to be strong because dad made her promise him and she won't let him down thank you for everything that you do and making her happy." I hugged them and said " are you guys okay if I take her back home or did you guys want her to stay here" her oldest brother said "no it's fine you can take her I don't have enough rooms" I hugged them again and went and her oldest brother Jeremy picked up their mom and laid her in a room their other brother James went to their guest room i kissed Selena's head and she woke up and I said "let's go home baby girl" she got up and went to hug her brothers tightly they cried on her but she kept it together she kissed their foreheads and then made her way to her mom and said she would be back tomorrow morning and kissed her as well. She hugged her niece and kissed her a million times and said" remember abuelo loves you and you can always talk to him baby girl" she hugged Selena tightly and kissed her. Selena grabbed my hand and we left she drove this time she wanted to be occupied I didn't fight her on it. We made it to her house Kayla hugged her and Selena smiled small and said "I'm going to bed" I followed her and laid with her and that's where she lost it. This was the moment I was waiting for her. For her to let it all out. She pushed me away but I held her tightly she cried and screamed and punched me softly she yelled so much it made me cry. Kayla peeked her head through the door with dlo and I shook my head and mouthed "I got it she's letting it out" they looked sad and left. I felt so helpless I didn't want her to feel this pain but I didn't know what to do, it hurt when she screamed that she wanted to go with him. I hugged her and rocked and she was fighting to control herself she pulled away and said "I'm sorry but thank you for being my rock devin" I kissed her forehead and said "through the good and bad baby girl" she got up went to the shower and said she wanted to shower and have a few minutes to herself she would be out in 15 minutes I made my way downstairs to dlo and Kayla. They looked at me and I sat down next to them and said "I feel so helpless guys I know she's being strong but she's definitely going through it now"
Dlo hugged me and said "you're doing a great job booker she has all of us but she needs yours more than ever. "
Kayla started crying and said "she' loves you you may not see it yet but being here for her coming together for her is what she needs from you more than ever"
We were taken out of our thoughts when she came downstairs her eyes were puffy and red and she was just wearing the hoodie i had when she picked me up. She sat next to me and said "I'm fine guys I'm broken but I'll be okay I just need time I promise" Kayla hugged her the longest and Dlo did the same. We sat down watching a movie I looked at Dlo and Kayla who were asleep and it was 3am s Selena didn't want to sleep she looked tired but she was fighting it I woke Dlo up and told them to go to their room and I took Selena with me. I took her to the guest house to sleep somewhere different than her room also in case she wanted to scream she wouldn't wake up Dlo and Kayla. She looked at me and said "can you hold me till I fall asleep" I smiled kissed her forehead and said "come on little one" she smiled and started off into space. She fell asleep and prayed to god to help her and her family get through this. I fell asleep after making sure she was out. I woke up at 9am with Selena still wrapped around my body. I looked at her and she opened her eyes and said I dreamt of him devin. I looked at her and said "what did he say" she smiled and cried as she talked about it "that it's okay to cry, but to understand that he is no longer suffering he's at peace and wants us to move on be happy and be at peace that he's okay." I smiled and kissed her and said "see baby girl he's at peace" she leaned into me. We made our way to the bathroom brushed our teeth I jumped into the shower while she called her brothers to check in on them and tell them that she would be over in an hour. She was doing her best to stay off social media her manager had put out the statement that she would not be performing anytime soon and would be taking some time to be with her family and focus on them after losing their father. Her phone kept lighting up from everyone that wanted to check in she was making sure to only answer the calls from close family everyone was being set aside. She decided to go on twitter and post about it so e everyone can know that she was seeing the messages. I looked at her tweet once she posted it on my phone.