Life in the bubble

Devin's Pov

Selena was 5 months pregnant and she was glowing we decided on not having a gender reveal because of covid we didn't want everyone to be exposed. No one other than our family and managers knew about her expecting. She had gotten to the point where she was getting big and was big for the months she was because she blames me for that she calls our babygirl a giant because of her father lol. I was on the call with my agent, he was informing me that the NBA decided that they wanted to continue the season but in Orlando Florida where all teams would be in the same hotel testing everyday and only going out to practice and play no family no fans. I had no say but to go because we knew that i would be taking time off when the baby arrived but selena was having moments where she would have mental breakdowns throughout the day, and me being away i didn't want her to have to go through it alone. Life in the bubble was schedule to begin next Friday i had anentire week to prepare and tell selena. I was stuck i didn't want to miss the milestones on my daughter but i also couldn't wait to get back out there. I was taken out my thoughts when selena came into the office sitting on my lap.

S: Bubby everything okay

d: no, babygirl i just got done talking with my agent

s: life in the bubble huh

d: you know?

s: its all over social media babe my brother sent me an article and i told him you were talking with your agent more than likely about that. its going to be okay you need to go finish the job baby, babygirl and i will watch every game from home and i will keep you updated everyday on anything new that happens.

before i knew it i was crying, it hit me that i didn't know how long i would be out in the bubble for it could 2 months complete if we made it to the finals if i were to stay for two months when i would come home she would be 8 months. I was upset because she was my first kid i wanted to be here every step of the way but i also knew that i had a job and needed to attend. Selena hugged me and kissed my forehead she knew that i was feeling stuck.

S:I promise you the time you are out there will fly, before you know it you'll be back home babyboy you need to go out there give it your all and make babygirl proud because she is definitely a daddys girl, she was kicking up a storm and the minute she heard your voice and felt your hand on my tummy she stopped kicking mommy and her baldder.

i laughed and made selena stand up and kissed her tummy whispering "daddy is going to go away for a few weeks to go work but daddy will still read you stories at night through facetime, be nice to mommy while I'm gone and i promise you ill give you multiple kisses when i come back" she kicked and that was her way of telling us that she understood the assignment. I grabbed selenas hand and made our way to the room to begin packing some of my things because i didn't want to be packing last minute and not hanging out with my babies before going to the bubble.

Selena's Pov

Friday got here rather quickly it was friday morning i could hardly sleep all night due to me cuddling with devin all night and crying because he would be leaving me. I was blaming the hormones i knew that devin felt guilty for leaving but i didn't want him to be worrying about me, i was going to be fine, my mama would be flying out to be with me in the mean time he was in the bubble his mom would be coming in too they both wanted to be here for me. I began waking him up with kisses because he needed to shower and eat before getting ready to head out to the airport so we can say goodbye i would be taking haven with us so i could have someone with meo n the way back. I went downstairs to make breakfast while he got in the shower and began making sure that the wasn't forgetting anything behind this time i would not be able to take it to him lol. We began eating breakfast together enjoying our last minutes together before heading out.