(16) Tragedy Strikes

A week later 

Now that their vacation was over it was back to business. Bucky and Adrianna was in the middle of a conference call in the conference room with Steve Nat and Sam with them. James Deacon and their dads were enjoying a game of golf. 

Yvonne and Winnie had just finished a quick lunch before heading back to the office. They stopped at a local shop. Two months ago they both were the defense team for a drug trafficker who murdered one of his buyers. He pled not guilty and they did their best to win the case. 

But it didn't go their way and they lost the case. As they were standing at the store's refrigerator talking about the dinner party they were hosting in two weeks. Two gunned men walked into the store. They found the two women as they grabbed their waters as they both turned around. Shots broken glass and screaming was heard. 

Both Winnie and Yvonne were on the floor with 4 bullet holes scattered apart on them. The owner called 911 while his 16 year old son got the license plate number of the get away car. Both Yvonne and Winnie were fading in and out from all the blood they were losing. EMTs rushed them to NYU hospital.

James and Deacon was on the 10th hole when their cellphones rang. 

"Hello." Deacon said 

"Hello." James said into his phone. 

In unison they both said "What?" as the nurse relayed the message about their wives. 

They ended the game and all four of them left the golf course making phone calls. The secretary to Bucky and Adrianna knocked on the door as she came in. 

"Sorry to interrupt. But there is an emergency phone call for you two." She said 

Bucky motioned for Steve and Nat to continue without them as they went into his office to take the call. 

"This is James and Adrianna." He said 

"James it's dad I need you both at NYU hospital right now! Your mother her mother has been shot! It's bad..that's all I know right now. I'm almost to the hospital." He said 

"Did you just..moms been shot." Bucky said

"Yes that's what I said." James said as he hung up. 

Adrianna couldn't move. "Dria.." he said as he helped her off his desk. 

They let the others know and they left. They found everyone in the waiting room James and Deacon pacing. 

"They just took them both up for surgeries. They were both shot 4 times..they were targeted. Police said that is what the witnesses said that they came in for them. Who would target them?" Beau said when he seen his brother. 

Three hours had passed still no update. By then their friends had joined them in the waiting room. 

"This is such bullshit dad why aren't they giving us hourly updates.." he said 

"Son calm down. I rather them be in there working on keeping her alive then out here updating me." James said 

Bucky went outside to get some air as Steve and Sam followed him at James' request. Adrianna was curled up in a ball in the corner of the room with her head on Penelope's lap. As Bucky was walking the block around the hospital. He bumped into Landon and Malcolm. 

He hauled off and punched Malcolm. "You sick sadistic asshole that is for hurting my wife." 

"Whoa Barnes calm down.." Sam said