𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
[𝟎𝟑𝟗]
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄.
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[IRL]

Wilbur enveloped Phil in a tight hug. "Thank you," he murmured. The older nodded as he released him. Phil slapped a firm pat on his back.

"Anytime," Phil grinned. "Let's get back to the group, yeah?"

Wilbur silently agreed as they caught up with the rest of the group. Fundy was telling a wild story about his youth.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Elinor hated goodbyes more than anything in the world. Niki embraced her in a hug. The girl was quick to start crying.

Niki held her face gently as they broke away. "Stay safe, alright?" Niki ordered with a sad smile. Elinor nodded into her palms. Niki continued on, saying her farewells to each person before grabbing a hold of her bag. Fundy was quick to say goodbye.

They drove off, waving wildly. The air became quiet.

"Why are you crying?" Tommy judged sternly. Elinor huffed out a laugh, shoving him away. "What?"

"You can't just say that!" Tubbo yelled, punching Tommy lightly. Tommy shrugged.

Phil finished placing the bags in his car. "Alright, boys. It's about time we left," The elder nodded. Tubbo practically slammed his body into Wilbur's.

"You're so cool!" He exclaimed. "I can't want to meet again!"

Wilbur let go of the boy. "You act like I'm gonna die!" The taller emphasized with the same energy. "We can stream later."

"Deal," Tubbo grinned brightly. The brunette moved on to Elinor. "You're so cool as well! Keep being cool!"

Elinor beamed as she brought the boy into a hug. "That's something I can do," She smiled. Tubbo nodded, backing out of the embrace. Tommy grimaced at the sight of the scene.

"Don't expect anything from me. I don't do all that sappy shit," He grumbled. "See you guys later I guess." The tall blonde clambered into the car, saluting slightly.

Tubbo followed him, closing the door of the backseat as they instantly began speaking. Phil paced to the couple. "Thank you so much for all of this," He began. "I think it was really good for everyone."

Wilbur nodded with a closed smile. "Hug?" He asked quietly. Elinor's smile began to fade.

"No, no. It'll only make me want to stay longer," Phil shook his head. "High five."

The boys slapped hands together before Phil raised his hand towards Elinor. The girl hit his hand back with hers energetically. "See you around," Elinor waved as he got into the car.

The vehicle rolled away and the couple stayed in their positions, watching as it moved along until it was out of sight. Eventually, they shifted. Wilbur silently held her hand, leading her back into her apartment.

"How about we spend tonight in the city?" Wilbur asked gently. Elinor tilted her head.

"Sure."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Thank you so much," Wilbur thanked the waiter. The couple wasn't in much of a rush to leave the restaurant.

The remained seated for a while longer, speaking of new topics as they erupted. Wilbur couldn't seem to stop his shaking leg.

Elinor eventually grew tired of sitting and they decided to leave the building. It was almost instinct for Elinor to begin pacing away to the gelato shop. Wilbur followed closely, trapped in his own mind.

There was a bubble forming around him. He was losing himself to stress. A certain tension grew in his bones, making him feel like he was going to snap in half.

"Isn't it funny how we always end up here?" Elinor asked. Her voice seemed to shatter the bubble he had enclosed himself in. Wilbur looked up to find that they were already at the gelato vendor. He hadn't even noticed.

"Yeah," Wilbur trailed off. Elinor ordered while he fiddled around with his belt loops. She handed him the small cup with a bright smile.

They paced along, finding themselves along the same route as a few of their previous dates.

Wilbur lightly shook as they walked. His found that his cup of gelato grew empty. Elinor noticed the cup and carefully took it from his hands, straying away from the boy to throw both his and hers away.

She quickly ran back to the boy, gently colliding with him. Elinor tangled her hand in his.

The couple made their way to a bridge. "Oh wow!" Elinor exclaimed, breaking their silence. Her hand pointed upwards, showing the lights of the city.

The girl stopped and rested her torso over the bridge's railing, letting go of the boy's hand. Wilbur let out a quiet sigh, placing his hand into his pocket.

"Elinor," He said, interrupting her gaze. She turned to him with a questioning look. "I love you so much, and I want to prove that to you."

Elinor laughed, turning to give him a kiss. Wilbur was quick to dodge it, grabbing her hand and looking down. He let out another sigh.

"Wilbur—" Elinor attempted.

a/n:
i'm so sorry it took me this long to get this chapter out, but i'm back now. there are three chapters left. stay hydrated and stay safe <33

word count: 842