𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
[𝟎𝟒𝟎]
𝐘𝐄𝐒!
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[IRL]

Wilbur had a nervous smile on his face as he slowly got down on one knee. One hand remained in Elinor's palm while the other reached into his pocket.

Elinor gently jerked her hand away from his, covering her mouth.

"You mean the world to me, Elinor," Wilbur laughed. "...but there's one thing I can't stand, and that's the fact that your last name isn't Soot."

The boy carefully removed a small black box from his pocket. Elinor felt like screaming. "Wilbur, wh-."

Wilbur flipped the small box open, revealing a thin gold band. "Elinor Sage, will you marry me?"

A wave of tears fell out of the girl's eyes as she tackled the boy. "Yes!" She screamed.

Wilbur held tightly to the box as to not lose the ring. He let out a laugh as the girl cried into his shirt. "Well there's certainly no reason to cry," The boy teased.

Elinor got off of him, helping him up. "I love you so much," She exclaimed aggressively. Wilbur only laughed at her tone, pulling the ring out of the box and holding his hand out for her to give.

She gently placed her hand on his, watching as he slid the band onto her thin finger.

The couple continued on their walk before returning to the car. Elinor examined the engagement ring about a million times during the period of time.

Wilbur held her hand as he drove to her apartment. The girl was filled to the brim with serotonin.

As they neared her residence, Wilbur let himself relax in his seat. "I will admit that I don't know the first thing about weddings," He smiled, keeping his focus on the road.

Elinor perked up with a grin. "Me neither. That's what we have Phil for," She joked. Wilbur laughed broadly, agreeing with her statement. "Are you gonna stay the night?"

"Perhaps," He said smugly. The girl only shook her head with a smile.

"You better. I don't think I'll be able to sleep after everything that's happened today."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

One of Wilbur's favorite things in the world was when he got Elinor to laugh so hard that she snorted, which was his exact plan for the night.

The girl had already been a giggling mess within in the first three minutes of them arriving at her apartment.

"Stop!" Elinor strained with laughter. Wilburs hands were ticketing her torso rapidly as she flopped around on the bed. "Please!"

Wilbur smiled at her screams of laughter. He slowly took his hands away the moment a snort erupted out of her. The girl took a moment to catch her breath again.

The girl opened her mouth to speak but Wilbur leaned over, picking her up. "You're pretty cute, Ms. Sage," He smiled.

"You don't get to call me Ms. Sage for much longer," Elinor realized, booping his nose. Wilbur shook his head at the gesture, as if he was going to sneeze.

"I suppose I'll have to savor it, then," He responded. The boy brought her to kitchen, gently seating her on the counter.

He pressed a kiss on her lips before turning to grab glasses and wine. The taller moved fluidly, pouring the drinks with ease. He handed Elinor her drink with a smirk.

Elinor stayed on the counter, out stretching her glass to his. "To engagement," She announced. Wilbur clinked his drink to hers.

"To engagement," He repeated. The two took sips of the wine in synchronization, locking eye contact. The scene quickly became a competition as both began to chug their drinks.

The girl set her glass down, taking a deep breath. Wilbur laughed hysterically before turning around and grabbing the bottle once more. Elinor held her drink, awaiting.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Elinor held her pillow in aggressive stance, standing with one foot on her nightstand and the other on her windowsill. Wilbur, on the other hand, had his pillow extended in front of himself. He was crouched, staying low to the ground.

The silence of the room was broken by Elinor yelling as she jumped down, swinging the pillow at him.

It was an extreme pillow fight.

Wilbur won with ease, pinning the girl to the floor with his pillow. Elinor frowned before hoisting her upper body up and giving him a peck on the lips.

He released her, sitting cross cross on the floor. The girl mimicked his stance. "I can't believe you actually proposed," Elinor admitted tiredly.

"So you don't want to marry me?" Wilbur lazily asked. There was a brief silence and Wilbur turned to look at the teary-eyed girl. "W-What?"

"Of course I want to marry you!" She exclaimed through tears. The boy wasn't sure how to respond so he simply patted her head to show his comfort.

The drunken pair made their way to the bed, finding themselves in a comfortable position.

They fell asleep quickly, dreaming of the future to come.

a/n:
i'll pick up my hiking boots when i am ready and i'll put down my roots when i'm dead~ stay hydrated and stay safe!

word count: 851