Chapter Two: Teammates

We were drawn away from our heated conversation by the Vice Principal of the school walking into the gym.

"Oh, Turds! VP!" Tanaka groaned.

"Be quiet!" Suga warned.

"Why don't you be quiet!?"

"Are you boys fighting in here...and girl...I suppose?" I discreetly rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nope! We're just working as hard as always, Vice Principal." Daichi answered. "Right?"

"We've gotta watch ourselves around the Vice Principal," Tanaka whispered, "That guys always waiting for us to slip up-"

"Serve it to me!" Hinata interrupted, completely ignoring everything that was being said. "I can handle whatever you send!' He pointed a finger at Kageyama while Tanaka groaned in frustration. "Listen, jerk, I only received one serve from you last year. Granted it was with my face, but since then I've practiced with everyone I could. I am not the same person I was."

"Hmm. Not the same person, huh?" Kageyama walked over, picking up a volleyball. I walked over to him, putting a hand on his arm. He looked at me.

"You can settle this later, not with the Vice Principal in the room." He looked at me for a while longer before walking past me, now with the volleyball in his hand.

"Well I've improved in the last year too." I nodded, crossing my arms again.

"Or...not."

"Alright, alright, that's enough smack talk you guys." Daichi attempted.

"They're both first years, aren't they." The VP asked, arms crossed. They continued to ignore us, standing on opposite sides of the net. I sighed, walking over to stand beside Daichi.

"They're morons is what they are." I grumbled.

"Get ready." Kageyama went up with a jump serve, sending the ball straight towards Hinata's face. He just barely managed to jump out of the way.

"Whoa. Not even I could catch that." Tanaka said.

"Pathetic," Kageyama taunted, "How's that different than last year?" Hinata stood up again.

"One more try."

"Ok, now cut it out!' Daichi commanded.

"I see the new recruits have no respect for their captain." The VP pointed out. I turned to look at him.

"With all due respect, Mr. Vice President," I turned back to the boys as Kageyama threw up another serve, "I don't think they have much respect for anything outside of themselves." He hit the ball to the far left of Hinata, but he was there to cover it in an instant. My eyes widened.

"Nice reflexes." Suga noted. "He got right behind it." Hinata hit the ball, but it bounced up hitting him in the face, sending it flying towards me. Or more specifically...my face.

"If this keeps-" I ducked at the last possible second, glancing behind me just in time to see the ball collide with the Vice Principal's face, sending his toupee flying off of his head and landing on top of Daichi's head. I clapped my hands over my mouth.

"Oh, man, that was a toupee?" Kageyama asked, coming over to join the rest of us.

"You just now figured that out?" Hinata whispered. "I noticed it at the entrance ceremony." Daichi removed the toupee from his head and I shot both of them a glare.

"Now would be the time to shut up." I growled. They both looked at me with fearful expressions. 

"Dude, seriously, its not even that funny!" Tanaka said, barely managing to hold back his laugh.