Chapter Twenty-Nine: We'll Talk Later

~~~Tobio~~~

I immediately began mentally kicking myself as Aina stared at me with hard eyes before pushing past me. I shouldn't have called her stupid, especially when it couldn't be farther from the truth.

But the idea that she has a thing for that lanky, four-eyed, douchewad infuriates me! I mean, Aina is such a kind person. She's nice to everyone, and she's constantly riding me to be nicer to Hinata and she likes HIM?! He's a jerk like all the time, so what could she possibly see in him?!

Yeah, what does she see in him that she doesn't see in you?

I repressed this through and sighed, tugging at my hair as I headed to class. Aina was already there when I reached my desk, but the fact that her headphones were on and her entire body was facing the window opposite her told me that she wouldn't be talking to me any time soon.

I sat down, not taking my eyes off of her. I could see her watching me out of the corner of her eye, but before I could do or say anything that might get her to fully look at me, class was starting for the day.

~~~Aina~~~

I could feel his eyes on me from his desk, and a quick glance out if the corner of my eye proved my hunch. He looked as though he wanted to say something but luckily our teacher started talking before he could. I opened my notebook to take notes and let out a frustrated sigh, shaking my head. 

I am well aware how ridiculous and petty this whole situation is. I mean, getting mad at him over his opinion on my fake crush? And yet at the same time, I am genuinely offended by the fact that he had the audacity to call me stupid?! Just because he thought I have a crush on Tsukishima? I mean, Tsukishima isn't my favorite person in the world either, but he doesn't have the right to judge my feelings, fake or otherwise because...

What if he thinks I'm stupid for having feelings for him?

"You have a thing for me? Seriously? That's ridiculous Aina. We're just friends, are you really stupid enough to think otherwise?"

The thought makes me want to cry and sink down in my desk until I disappear all at the same time. If he can so easily share his opinion on who I like, what could he possibly have to say when he finds out how I feel? The thought of that was terrifying enough as it was, but now that I've seen a first had example of how Kageyama reacts when he doesn't agree with how you feel, I can't possibly tell him.

Right?

~~~

Lunch time came around much too fast for my liking, as I suspected that Kageyama would try and spark up a conversation with me about what had happened this morning.  Having thought about this, I had every intention of running off to hide in the bathroom until lunch was over. I turned in my desk, going to leave when his tall form appeared in the aisle, blocking my path. He no doubt had anticipated my escape plan, and this was his way of cornering me. There wasn't enough room for me to get out of my desk, and a metal bar was keeping me from exiting the other side. I knew I wouldn't be strong enough to push him out of the way, so I settled for the next best thing:

I sighed, crossing my arms in annoyance and facing forward so that I could glare at the wall.

"So that's how this is going to go?" He asked. I ignored him, turning my head towards the window so that I couldn't even see him out of my peripheral vision. He sighed, and decided to make himself comfortable by shoving my books into the floor and sitting on top of my desk. My jaw dropped and I scoffed, looking up at him, half expecting a smug smile on his face, which I already had the urge to slap off of his face.