Chapter Seventeen: Relaxation and Comfort

The boys devoured their food quickly and continued on their way, but it seemed that Sugawara, Daichi, and Kageyama were engaged in a conversation about Volleyball that they couldn't seem to drag themselves away from, so they made a plan to go inside the market and get a kettle of tea. 

"I can get one of the guys to walk you home if you don't want to wait." Daichi said as Kageyama and Suga headed inside. I shook my head.

"Its ok, I can wait. I don't mind." I told him. He glanced towards the store, watching through the window as the other two boys claimed a table.

"Ok seriously, and be honest with me," I raised my eyebrows, "Is there something going on with you and Kageyama?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"No, Daichi. Nothing is going on, I hardly know him. We haven't talked about anything besides volleyball in the whole week that we've known each other." I stated. "Why do you ask?" He shrugged.

"You guys just seem to have good chemistry, is all." He replied, shoving his hands in his pockets. I sighed.

"I'm not gonna distract your new secret weapon if that's what you're worried about."

"What? No, I don't care about that," He said, looking at me again, "I mean-I do, but mostly I just care about you and your feelings. I don't want you to get hurt."

"And you're worried about Kageyama doing that?" I inquired with a raised eyebrow. "I know he acts intense, but the guy is harmless in all reality."  He sighed.

"Its just...I don't know how much he's really interested in aside from Volleyball," He replied honestly, "I just want you to keep that in mind, just in case you do start having feelings for him and he doesn't notice or reciprocate. I'm sure he doesn't mean to, I just...I want you to be aware so that you won't be upset if he doesn't." I nodded.

"Well, like I said, there's nothing going on there, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks." I stated. I went to follow them inside, but he grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"One more thing," He said, pulling me back to stand in front of him again, "What's really going on with Aoba Johsai? Because I don't believe you when you say you're fine with the whole thing." I sighed, looking at my feet and thinking back to my conversation with Kageyama only a few moments earlier.

Guess its time to get in some practice.

"Oikawa, their setter...he's been flirting with me at your games for the past couple of years. He likes to try and intentionally make me uncomfortable. That's why they want me at the practice match." He glanced up past my head, and I could see his jaw clenching. "Daichi..."

"I'll tell Takeda first thing that we're not doing it." He said, meeting my eyes again. I put a hand on his arm.

"You can't do that and you know it. Right now, Aoba Johsai is the only school willing to practice with us, and Hinata needs all the in-game experience he can get." I reasoned.

"So what? We'll figure something else out. I'm not going to allow you to be harassed just for the sake of some stupid practice game."

"I promise, its not that big of a deal," I said, "Oikawa is annoying, and yes he makes me uncomfortable, but its not anything beyond that. I don't think he's going to do anything dangerous...I don't think he's really even interested in me, I think he just likes to make a game out of it."

"So that makes it ok?" He asked. "Its all a joke, so its fine?"

"Well no, obviously not but...look, Daichi, just trust me, ok? I can handle this. And if it gets out of hand, and eventually I can't, now you know, so..."