My Millionaire Lifestyle

I walked out on the terrace for some fresh air.  All this was overwhelming.  I cannot believe that marriage to a millionaire would be this tumultuous.  I get it that he looked like a greek god, I get it that he is a good marriage match, but I do not get that he chose me when there are so many girls more apt for him. 

“Trouble in paradise?” Dorian asked from behind and I gave him a small smile.  He handed me a champagne glass.

“I better not” I said, knowing me and alcohol is not a good combination.

“This is for celebration” he said and put the glass in my hand.

“What are we celebrating?” I asked, quite puzzled.

“Your husband got the deal” he said and i nodded and took a sip.

“Why, aren’t you happy?” he asked, all serious now.

“I am”

“Cut the act and tell me what’s wrong” he said, seemingly impatient. 

“He did not tell me” I said, and refused to look at him.  I know I was being childish, but I still felt that he should have told me personally.

Dorian chuckled.  “Now you seem more like normal women!” he said and laughed some more.

“Glad my dilemma amuses you” I said, frowning. 

“You should chill, this, these parties, is mostly to show you off.  That you and him are forever” he said and coughed when Serena’s voice was heard.

“There you are, I thought you said 5 minutes!” she complained then looked at my face and sighed.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.  I shook my head. 

“Damian is being his usual selfish self” Dorian said and held Serena close by the waist.  She blushed.  The brunette beauty blushed!  “But am going to be my lovely naughty self” he whispered a bit too loudly.  I guess he had a bit too much, as he bent down and kissed me on the cheeks.  “Later sis in law” and walked away with a blushing Serena.

I glanced back at them and smiled. 

“So what do you think?” Damian said as they walked down the huge staircase.  Everyone at the party was looking at them.  While Damian saw potential business contracts, Demetria saw a display of gorgeous women eyeing her husband.

She was definitely aware what most of them had in mind.  The world thought that their marriage was coming to an end following that four months separation.  She squeezed his hand and Damian turned, bestowed upon her one of his killer smiles and reassured her silent fears.

Soon enough, Damian was left to the crowd of investors and intellectuals.  Dimple stood there, watching it all and she had never felt so out of place.  She knew for sure Damian loved her, and in a perfect world, that would have been enough.  But this was old and ugly reality and she knew that this would be her life from now on – the feeling of always being out of place.   This was most definitely his world – relocating for some business venture, being told what to do, not being consulted before taking important decisions about them.  But then she closed her eyes and memories of moments spent with him flashed through her mind.  With Damian by her side, she would brave this new world of his.

When she opened her eyes, she saw Daphne and her uncle coming towards her.  Finally some faces she knew.  She smiled and hugged them.

“How are you doing?” Daphne asked.