McMillian Family Dinner part III

I was dying, and I was not sure what to do.  Stop kicking and fighting to retain the remaining oxygen I had, or fight, fight just for the sake of doing something as I drowned.  I closed my eyes from the stinging by the chlorine water.  This was it. 

Until I felt myself being pulled to the surface.  I felt strong hands dragging me and as soon as my head was out of the water, I gasped and coughed up all the water I swallowed.  I grabbed onto the person, thanking god for letting me live.  When I refilled me lungs with sacred oxygen, I sighed and relaxed in the arms encircled around me.  I realise I was holding someone close.

Someone warm and muscled.  Whispering soothing words.  I opened my eyes and pushed back, only to find myself face to face with my husband.  And damn he looked smouldering hot with water droplets all over his body, his warm breath on my face, his lips, and those lips that did wonders to mine.  I was aware of his hard chest, of my breasts pressed up against it, and my legs wrapped around his waist.  I was literally clinging to him.  I looked up in his eyes, and saw a hunger in there, a weird, strange feeling.

I pushed back because of the sudden realisation and fell right back into the water and drowning again.  I started kicking again and as soon as I felt him against me, I grabbed onto him again.

“Should I take this as you wanting me to touch you?” he asked and before I could murder him with my stare, he burst out laughing.  His hands came around me and he swam back to the side, lifted me up with one swift movement.  I sat on the side, taking in deep breaths, not meeting his eyes.

He stood in front of me, all majestic and handsome, but with eyes of cold granite.  “Why the hell would you go into the water when you do not know how to swim?” he asked, his eyes boring into mine.

“Because am obviously stupid” I said, too shocked to care about his anger right now.  I was angry and shocked and cold, his attitude really did not help, considering what his mistress has just told me and what she just did to me!

“Finally we agree on something” he said and in a second I was swooped in his arms as he walked back into the house.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” I asked, looking around hoping to god no one saw this embarrassing moment.

When he still did not put me down or reply, I was about to start moving when he rudely dumped me on a bed, our bed for the weekend. 

“You stay here” he ordered and walked into the bathroom.  In a minute he walked back again and scooped me up and placed me in a tub with warm water.

As soon as the warm water engulfed me, I started to process what just happened and I panicked.  Serena was just making a point, she was definitely not trying to hurt me…wasn’t she?

At the realisation that I could actually have died, I started shivering and felt Damian hug me and rub my back.

“It’s ok.  You’re safe now” he whispered.  Was that supposed to make me feel better?

I pushed back, by now very angry at him.  “What do you mean I am safe now? I will never be safe with you!  Get out” I started shouting.  He looked startled but then walked outside and closed the door.

It was only after he left that I realised I was crying.  Why should I even cry? Because my husband’s mistress tried to kill me? Because I was trapped in a loveless marriage?

I paced the room, waiting for her to come out.  I nearly died when I noticed her drowning.  Sure we had a strange marriage, but I liked her, and seeing her at the bottom of the pool made my blood run cold.  Not sparing a thought about a house full of guests, I went in and saved her.  After she regained her composure, I was relieved but then every inch of her beautiful body was clinging to me, and I just knew I had to have her.  Was it relief at her being safe or wanting her for so many days?