More waiting...

The next two days were busy with people visiting him along with his assistant coming in with office work. 

I wondered why he was keeping so busy now.   Everything was fine between us, so why did it seem like he was avoiding me.  There was no opportunity to tell him that I had never been intimate with a man before.

It was also hard to sleep in the same bed but not touching, achingly not touching…doctor recommended no sex but he did not say anything about cuddling!

The third day, I got so worried that I went in his study to talk.  It was eating me that I might have said or done something that might have upset him.  As I opened the door, the sight of him in one of his business suits took my breath away.  God the man was sexy.  He had his back to me, but as soon as he heard the door open, he turned and motioned me to sit with a swoon-worthy smile.

He was on the phone and I sat by the desk.

“Yes, book the flight earliest possible.”

Why was he flying out? Earliest possible? Just why is this man so confusing?

“Hi” he said as he hung up and resumed his seat behind the desk.  He bestows one of his dazzling smiles upon me.  Ok so he may be a lot nicer now, but he is still distant.  I can still feel it.

“Hi” I reply, trying to read him, which I basically impossible.  “Why are you flying out?” I asked.

He narrows his eyes at me then smirks.  “Business” he says simply and I am confused all over again.

“But,” how do I ask him to spend time with me?

“But?” he prompts.  Why do I always get the feeling that he is toying with me.

“But you are sick”

“I was sick, three days ago.” He states, still with that private joke kind of smile.

“I thought everything was ok between us” I say tentatively.  Was talking to one’s husband this difficult?

“Everything is” he says and I frown.  Then why?

“Try and think about what deal you made with me a long time ago.” He said and went right back to his work.

What the hell? Was I dismissed? Just like that?

“Fine” I said, I reached my limit trying to talk to him.  No more.  He is as pig headed as ever!

I angrily walk out of his office and pass by the kitchen…deal?

I vaguely remember…The rat!

He wants me to come to him.  He had said he would not touch me unless I come to him!

I saw red and barged into his study again, this time, he was lounging back in his chair and had that smirk on his face.

“That was quick” he said and winked at me.

“You ….you crazy, mean person!” I said, walking to him.

“Come on, I think you can do much better with the insults.” He smiles.  What is he playing at?

I walked up to him, place myself between him and the desk.  “Two can play at this game you know” I say.

His eyes sparkle and he crossed his arms on his chest and I cannot miss the muscles move as he does so.  Crap! I want him.

“Oh yeah? I doubt YOU can” he says, taunting.  Ok I might be inexperienced, but I know all there is to know about it.

I lean towards him, placing my hand on both side of his leather chair.  I get close enough to feel his breath on me but not close to be able to kiss him.

“Oh I can…and I bet you’ll enjoy it” I say close to his ear and lightly nibble his ear lobe.  I hear him groan.  This is the only physical contact we had since that hug in his bedroom.

“Oh fuck it!” he roars and in an instant I am sitting in his lap with his mouth hungrily on mine.  As the kiss deepens I can feel his hard on and I blush into the kiss.

He feels so good, his surprisingly soft lips, the taste of him, and the smell of him engulfing me.  I start losing myself into the kiss.

He abruptly breaks the kiss. “You have no idea what you do to me” he says, eyes shadowed.

“Right back at you” I say, breathless by his kiss.

I wiggle, but he quickly puts me on my feet.  He stands up too.  “Why are you being distant?” I ask, afraid he will not talk.

“Damn it Demetria, I told you I will not come near unless you want me to.”

“I just proved that I do want you to” I say automatically and then blush.

He smiles and cups my face and brushes a finger on my lower lip.  “What are we going to do about this mouth of yours?” he asks rhetorically and gives me a swift kiss.

“I have wanted you for so long and I need you very badly, but we need to take it slow” he says and I am confused.  I am 22.  How more slowly can I take it I wonder?

He chuckles.  “So eager”

“I have never slept with a virgin before.  I want to give you time to adjust to us first” he says and I frown.

“By ignoring me completely?  By going abroad for business?” I ask, feeling anger rising.  Wait a virgin? 

“How did you know I am a virgin?” I asked.

He smiles at me and caresses my cheek.  “So innocent”

He smiles.  “I was not ignoring you, I was catching up on work I missed and those that I will soon miss.  Am not going alone by the way.  We are going together” he says and smiles enigmatically and kisses my nose.  

I frown.  “You did not tell me that” I say, “I need to inform them at the office.”

“Why?”

“Because I work there?”

“And am your boss, so I give you permission for leave.” He says in that arrogant way of his.

“Technically you are my boss’s boss” I say, just to irk him.

“Well your boss’s boss is asking you to go pack.” He says and gives me a sound kiss before slapping my butt away.

I walk to my room, feeling all giddy.  It can be like a mini honeymoon.  I smile at myself in the mirror.  Finally it’s starting to feel real.