What now?

I walked out and hoped to hell no one talked to me.  I was fuming.  I wanted to tell her it was not me that kissed Serena but she just brings out the worst in me.  I remember her face going pale when I said she was not the type of girl guys would risk losing their jobs for.  I did not mean that, I just wanted to hurt her…for…I don’t even know for what.

I cursed as I saw my mother, made a u turn and decided right now it was better that I leave the house.  I needed a long drive.  I could not bear to be in the same house as her.  And God forbid I would kill Dorian if I lay my eyes on that bastard.

As soon as I walked to the garage, I saw Nick in his car.  “You look like you need a drink” he said and I nodded.  Trust old friends to know exactly what to say when you are in such a foul mood.  I got in the car with him and we drove off, away from the infuriating woman in my bedroom.

I walked to the living room and wondered why the house seemed so deserted.  Katherine walked past and I asked her. 

“The party’s over.  It’s just us now.  Close family members” she said and frowned.  “Though my two brothers cannot be seen at all today” and I felt my heartbeat race.  Did Damian do something?  I immediately started looking for Dorian.  I needed to make sure he was ok.  I needed to make sure that monster of a husband did not say anything to him.

I found him in his room, looking sullen.  Oh no! I walked in and sat beside him on bed.  “Dorian McAllister sad?” I asked, trying to make conversation.

He gave a small laugh.  “Not sad, just thinking about my actions” he said, still not looking at me.

“Listen, if you’re sad because of Damian, don’t be.  He just cannot handle the fact that I enjoy myself with you.” I said.  He frowned and looked up.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well, I kind of told him in a fit of anger that I liked you” I said, now it was my turn to not look at him. 

“And what did he say to that?” he asked.  I shrugged, remembering how he had not believed me and just laughed.

“He kind of laughed at me” I replied honestly.  Dorian had a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

“Anyways, just don’t be mad if he said anything bad to you.  I take full responsibility.  In fact, I think its better if I stopped thinking this might work out”

“Why not?”

I shrugged.  I did not want to tell him Damian cheated on me.  Dorian adored his older brother.  “I just think we are not suited.”

He suddenly exclaimed.  “You love him!” he said, then by the crestfallen look on his face, I stopped myself from refusing.

“You know…its all my fault.”
“Of course not!”

“It is.” He insisted.  Then he held my hands and looked at me with the saddest eyes ever.  “I am so sorry Dimple, but it was not Damian in the garden.  It was me” he said and I felt as though someone splashed me with cold water.

Dorian was with Serena?  And I kept on blaming Damian…I did not believe him.  But why Dorian? Serena had specifically told me to stay away from Damian! What the hell.

“Serena and I have been on again off again ever since we met.  And because this time we were off again, she kind of thought she could hurt me by getting close to Damian under the pretext of the hotel deal.”

As he kept talking, I kept thinking that probably, just probably, Damian might have liked me, and I blew it by being bitchy and angry…

“I am really sorry.  But you should know that Damian does not like Serena that way.  He knows I love her, he thinks of her as a sister in law…nothing else” Dorian said and I just sat there, my hands going cold in his. 

“Please, tell me you are not angry” he pleaded with such a sad face.  I shook my head. 

“It’s my marriage that is twisted.  Don’t worry, I am not angry” I said and he smiled, a real smile. 

“I am very sorry.  I will make it up to you.  I will make sure you two dumb heads finally confess” he said, getting all Dorian like again.

I shook my head.  “Its still doomed.  He does not even like me” I said and Dorian looked crestfallen then shook his head.

“You have no self esteem and confidence.  We have to work on that!” he said.  “Oh, I knew you would forgive me” he said and hugged me.  I hugged back. Happy that at least Damian did not cheat.

“You bloody bitch! One is not enough for you, is it?” a shrill voice came from the door and we both looked up to see a very angry looking Serena.

“I think you owe her an apology” Dorian said, standing up.

“Oh so you finally told him that I pushed you?” she asked, venom filled in her voice.

“Wait what?” Dorian asked, confused.

As soon as Serena turned her attention to Dorian, her whole physiognomy changed.  She literally transformed into a raving gentle beauty.  “You need to know that I love you and all I wanted was to make you jealous”

“Serena, what did you do?” Dorian asked and it finally dawned on Serena that I had not said a word about her pushing me in the water.

She paled and ran from the room.  Dorian turned, and by the angry look on his face, very much like Damian’s, he had figured it out.

“When Damian was talking about you going into the pool when you didn’t know how to swim, Serena had pushed you?” he asked, incredulous.

He was about to storm out when I stopped him.  “She was mean to do that, but you have to sort things out with her.  And do not worry about me, I am fine.  Damian reached in time.” I said and walked quietly to my room.

He did not cheat.  So all this time, he did not cheat.  I shook my head.  Why does it feel that a huge burden had been lifted, I had no idea.  The man was still condescending and arrogant.  And he must have had a ball when I said I liked Dorian.  I cursed myself and got my stuff ready, only to find that it had been packed. 

With nothing to do, I walked to the pool and saw my mother in law and Katherine talking and sat with them.  Though I had no idea what we talked about.  All that was going through my mind was, what now?