The honeymoon part III

The next day the cyclone was still raging, which meant me and him stuck together in the villa. 
And after last night, I really don’t want to see Damian at all, or his smirk.  I walked to the huge study and started browsing books.  The only good thing about my husband was that he had huge collections of books.  I smiled at books from my favourite author.  I took one and curled up on the recliner.

As I opened the book, the smell wafted through my noise.  I always found the smell of old book…amazing. 

“I wonder why I am seeing you everywhere” I heard his voice and turned towards the door.  He was standing there, walking towards the desk.  Unlike other days, he was wearing faded jeans and black t-shirt. He looked almost human but for the anger in his eyes.  However, his face looked weird.

I frowned.  “What’s wrong?”

“Why do you assume something is wrong?” he looked quite surprised by my question.

“If everything was fine you would have a scowl on your face and your taunts would have been crueller” I said and immediately hated it.

He smirked and raised an eyebrow.  “You have been observing me” and I wanted to throw my book at his taunting smile…Unfortunately it was my favourite author’s book.

He chuckled and walked to the huge stack of books on the desk.  “There’s still no electricity.  I can’t work” he said as he rumbled through them.

“You don’t have any back up plans? Like a generator?” I queried.  He is always thinking about everything. I wonder how he missed this one.

He glared at me, as though I just said he was wrong about something.  “This was supposed to be a place for relaxation.  Obviously I didn’t want a generator here.” He snapped.  “Besides, why are you here? What about not wanting to see me at all?”

“Why are you so irritated?” I asked ignoring his taunts.

He turned and started looking through the shelves, when I realised something.

“Wait” I could not stop smiling, “Is this the first time you have no work to do?” I asked and the hateful glare I received confirmed my answer. 

“That’s unbelievable!  And you don’t know what to do with your time” I said incredulously.  This was a first.

“And am getting the feeling that you know what to do when there’s no work?  From experience perhaps?” he taunted.  Old cruel Damian was back.

“That’s the second time you are inferring that am not working.  Well let me remind you that I actually do have a job.  At YOUR company.  And it was YOU who forced me to come here!” I snapped and left the room with my book. 

He was the most irritating man ever!  I get that he was wealthy and that might be why girls like him, but his attitude? 

I walked to my room and pulled a chair facing the window and started reading my book.  There was a weird kind of serenity in sitting from the inside and watching the storm outside…nature in its wildest form.

I tried changing position when something fell in my lap.  I gazed down and saw my earing on my hands.  My hands immediately went to my ear.  Damn it, where was the other one?

Those were the only thing of value I possessed.  It was a gift from my father that I always wore.  I started looking frantically at it.  Then remembered I slept in Damian’s room last night.  And right now he was in the study, perfect chance for me to look for it.

I walked to his room and started looking around for where it could have fallen.  Those earing had been with me since forever, and losing them, was like my father leaving me again, as weird as that sounds.  I sat on the floor besides the sofa and leaned forward to try and see if it fell under it.

Just then, I heard the door open and heard footsteps.  I cringed and glanced at the door, which was closed.  I kept it open.  Damn it! I heard footsteps again and tried looking around. Damn it, if he found me here…

I tried getting up but banged my head on the sofa’s armrest.  “Owww” I cried out.

“What the-“I heard him say and as I stood up, I completely forgot about the pulsing pain on the back of my head.

In front of me stood the most beautiful man I had ever seen.  It was like some painting of a warrior.  He was naked but for his boxers, and damn it, he could give some real solid competition to male models.  His body was well sculpted with muscles rippling on his chest and arms.  He had a slight tan, which made him look like some Greek god. It became difficult to breath…literally. The way he stood there, looking all majestic in his own right made me start to salivate.  What would it feel like to run my tongue along those abs…?

“Would you stop that?” his angry voice shook me out of my reverie. 

I glanced up at his face and could see pure anger there.  “What the hell are you doing in my room?” he asked, shooting daggers at me. 

I opened my mouth but nothing seemed to come out.  My throat felt dry.  Quick I need something to say.  “I was losing my earing” I uttered only to realise what I just said.

“I mean I was looking for my lost earing” I said and made a mad dash to my room.  I am never ever going to go out again.  I looked at the mirror to find my cheeks glowing tomato red.  Damn it! He was a mean and cruel guy, not an incredibly sexy one.

I kept chanting that in my head over and over again, but the image of him almost naked was as if etched in my mind.  Every damn time I closed my eyes I saw that moment, him standing there.  I shook my head and decided a shower would help clear my mind of his image. And a cold shower seemed welcomed right now.

It partially helped.  My heart was not racing like crazy anymore and I seemed to regain my momentum.  I walked back to the chair and to my book. Great, only books could help me completely forget my embarrassing moment.    Luckily I had a few books in my room.  I am never going to walk out of the bedroom again.  I rather die than see him again.