ˢᵒʲᵒᵘʳⁿ 1

ɪ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ's ʏᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ, ᴏʜ ɴᴏ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀs ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

"Hey!" A thundering echo of a voice shudders through the air

"Hey!" A thundering echo of a voice shudders through the air. "Hey! Stop right there!"

The violent stomps of your best friend, Kina, draws and respirates too much attention for your own liking. You spin around and face the pink-faced girl, her school uniform crinkled and messy. It goes hand in hand with her rogue appearance. There's nothing less that you can expect from Kina.

The typical loud mouth, obnoxious, and most times, entertaining; Kina is the extrovert for sure. She's brash and brazen but that's her charm and you wouldn't have her any other way.

Besides, even if you wanted to get rid of her, she wouldn't leave no matter how much gum you bribe her with. She's been next to you since year 7.

"What is it this time, Kina?" You sigh tiredly, running your fatigued fingers down your face, trying to smudge away any speckle of exhaustion.

Smiling as if her life depended on it, she grasps your shoulders abruptly and startling you. You struggle in her grip, ultimately failing to free yourself from her tyrant-like clasp around you. "You will never guess what was announced."

Inhaling annoyedly, you smack her arms away from yourself, yet she doesn't even seem bothered. "I don't want to guess if you're acting like this."

She puffs out air and gives you an incredulous look. "Guess then. Enlighten me, y/n."

You tut at her childish behaviour. "How bad can it be?"

"It's good. Maybe not for you." Kina smirks, a mischievous glint enamouring her near-black eyes.

Humming, you pick back up the pace and continue on your way to the canteen. "There's no way that it can be as bad as the idea of ADH and MSS merging for an event or something." At the seemingly absurd thought, you let out an amused chuckle.

Though, there's a silence that follows. When you don't hear Kina respond, you twist around, doing a double-take. "Please tell me that was a good joke."

Kina just purses her lips, finally keeping quiet. It's only once a blue moon does she ever shut up. So as the silence creeps up, it's an eerie thing. It's taut, gleaming with an unknown shimmer to its murky waters.

When she really doesn't answer, you blink in concern at her. "Uh... Kina, I made a joke."

She doesn't reply, instead, she resorts to keeping her lips sealed and setting her bag down to rip open the zipper loudly. The word loud and noisy doesn't exist without Kina included. But right now, how she's acting is strange. It's irking.

Soon after, she retrieves a paper. Possibly a form, though you can't tell since she doesn't let you see it. She uses her fingers and smooths the sheet against the wall, flattening it out so it can be decipherable to the naked eye.

"Y/n..." She clicks her tongue, the click resonating over you. "Read this." Kina hands you the sheet of paper, the words indistinguishable for a few seconds.

Again, another silence of just pure realization and disbelief courses through the atmosphere. There's a disbursement of the dawning emotion that trails so close that it can be described as 'I want to rip every single follicle of hair out of my head' kind of pain. Your eyes narrow down at the two names that should've never been on one piece of paper together; especially not in such a joyful manner. "New Years festival: Aethra District High and Moira Secondary School." Kina, as if wanting to push you more on the verge of the edge of the cliff, reads it out loud for you. As if she's solidifying your horror. Your death. Your entire existence.

And straight away, you tense and you can't seem to think straight. The thoughts whirling around your student council brain. The first thing that can come out of your mouth expresses your utter doom. "Fuck."

Obviously, what good would come in combining an all-girls school with an all-boys school for New Years? Disaster. And you were sure it is going to be.

And of course, what good would it be to place the pitted student councils together in one room? Especially when they would much rather stab each other with sharpened pencils and rulers.

What good can it possibly bring?