ˢᵒʲᵒᵘʳⁿ 5

y'all ready? this is a really long chapter whoops

ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ

You would be lying if you said that you weren't deathly afraid of humans

You would be lying if you said that you weren't deathly afraid of humans. Yes—you're talking about the same ones that you roam with, chat with, and acknowledge—and even so, you are one too.

Yet, nothing beats the fear of people; perhaps it's what they can achieve, do, say, act, behave. It's a scary thought to know that they're so competent in knowing all the methods and procedures to painfully hurt others.

Just with the tick of a word, a sneer of a look, an ignorance too claustrophobic to conceal.

People are frightening.

Especially the ones who you know can affect you in every manner possible.

"Y/n?" A crescendo of Kina's voice intercedes the orchestra in your mind. "Were you even listening?"

In truth, no. You weren't listening. Why? Well... Simply, there are too many things on your mind to ponder about.

The way he said those words. The way he nailed each peg down into your buckling soul. The way he was too distantly receded, sheathed in the vexing pride of his dignity. Which all pertained to his style of speech, the way he carried himself, and his 'slight' arrogance.

All of which makes him, undeniably, much more attractive. Enticing even.

"He did?" Hopeless surprise streams from Kina's several expressions she has already curtained on her face. "He really said that?"

You groan. "Yes. As annoying as he is, I can't help but mope over his words."

Kina hums out and questionably dips her burger in some ketchup. You scrunch your nose up in disgust and whip your head away from the infinitely gross combination.