shigaraki tomura - till death do we part

teddy bear by melanie martinez
have this while i brainstorm for future stories!!

CW: manga spoilers (?), slight gore, death

=========================

"Would you kill me if I started destroying everything?" he asked, resting his hand lazily on my head.

I looked at him, a little confused.

"What do you mean?" I laughed, not taking his question seriously.

He shrugged, stroking my hair as he stared blankly.

He whispered, so soft that I barely caught it, "y/n, one day we'll be the deaths of each other."

Well, that's weird, I thought, before leaning onto him as I closed my eyes to sleep.

• • •

"We really will be the death of each other, huh?" I cried.

He wrapped his fingers around my neck, tightening his hold. He loomed over me, pinning me on the floor so that I couldn't escape. I was gasping for air desperately, trying to push him away.

"Why are you... Why are you doing this?"

He tilted his head slightly, his grasp tightening ever so slightly. Those eyes of his, ones that used to be full of life, ones that had a light in them, ones that were now blank and grey. No emotion, nothing.

I don't know this person anymore.

Four fingers on my neck, the last threatening to touch it too. I just wished that it could happen right there and then, so that both of us wouldn't suffer anymore. Yet, his finger was shaking, as if he was trying very hard to stop himself.

Noticing that he hasn't turned me into dust yet, I fumbled for something in my back pocket. I kept my eyes on him the entire time, making sure that he didn't know what I was doing.

I had found what I needed, so I started pulling it out. That's when I noticed, the tears that had started rolling down his cheeks. Shocked, I stopped, watching him.

His fingers were still wrapped around my neck, yet I could sense his remorse, his sadness and anger. His grip loosens, so slight that it was barely noticeable.

"Please... Kill me..." He whispered, pausing after each word as if it hurt to speak. I said nothing.

He was still looking at me, still crying as he continues, "Please... I don't want to... do this."

I closed my eyes, biting my tongue as I tried not to cry too. Obviously, it didn't work, and now the both of us were just lying there as we cried.

I couldn't kill him. I mean, how am I supposed to kill my significant other? I don't even think have the courage to. But on the other hand, I had too; It was either he continued wreaking havoc after killing me, or I kill him to save everyone else.

"I'm sorry... Tomura."

Pulling out the dagger, I closed my eyes, plunging it straight into his chest. He screamed out in pain, one hand immediately flying to his chest.

However, his fingers were still resting on my neck when I did so. When I stabbed him, not only did he not remove them, but he placed his last finger down. Now all five fingers were around my throat, and we all know what that means.

Now it was my turn to suffer.

The pain spread rapidly, from my neck, to my face, to the rest of my body. I couldn't scream because of how he was restricting my airflow, so all I could do was unsuccessfully pull his arm away.

As I started fading away, I saw how he was looking at me. For a split second, it was as if he was back to normal, from the way his eyes widened when he realised what was happening. I could only smile weakly at him.

"See you... in the next life..." were the last words I choked out.

And I was gone.

Not long after, he collapses on the ground, right next to my ashes.

I finally understood why he told me that that day.

We were the deaths of each other.

Whether we liked it or not.

- fin -