bakugō katsuki - monster

inspired by the song michelle by sir chloe.
lyrics in italics, flashbacks in bold.
i recommend listening to the song while reading.

CW: slight cursing, implied suicide

=========================

Nothing else could be heard except the echoing of footsteps up the stairs.

I wished that I never went to the party. If only I stayed home. At least I wouldn't have known that all this had happened at all.

One step, then another, and before long, I found myself at the rooftop.

Walk in the room
Take off your coat
You look so nice
I've been so cold

Looking up at the night sky, I smiled, slowly making my way towards the edge. My eyes never tore away from the vast, star-filled sky. The cool yet harsh wind messed up my hair, but I didn't care.

You wanna be my special one
I cannot breathe
Please just go home

I could hear footsteps coming up the stairway. I knew who it was, but I didn't look back.

I walked into the room,
not really expecting him to be there. I mean, he told me he wasn't going. But guess what? He was there. Well, this wasn't the first time he's lied to me.

Though the room was packed, I could clearly see him, standing at a corner. He was grabbing onto someone else's waist, looking as if he were whispering sweet nothings to them. He looked like he was having a lot fun.

Smiling to myself, I wiped away the tears that wouldn't stop flowing.

Michelle
Michelle
You are a monster from hell
Michelle
Michelle
You are a monster from hell

I grabbed onto the ledge, pushing myself up to sit on it.

Not knowing how to react, I just stood there. I was screaming on the inside, screaming at myself to stop him. I knew he wouldn't do that to me, right? Be would never treat me like that. Stupid of me to keep ignoring the red flags, huh?

Just as I sat myself down on the ledge, the footsteps come to a halt a few metres away from me. I didn't turn around. I just sat there, my back facing them, as i enjoyed the view of the city.

You know just how to be cruel
When you shake your hips that way
Paint your lips that way

I knew he was behind me, watching me cautiously. He was afraid of what i'd do next.

I, well, I only focused on my feet dangling over the busy street. I was so high up it's kind of scary.

I started walking towards him, pushing through the crowd. He suddenly pulled the person closer to him, his lips connecting with theirs. My heart broke as i watched them. I walked up to him, just as he deepened the kiss. Using all my strength, I separated the both of them.

"I know that I was stupid for sticking with you. So I guess it was stupid of me to fall madly in love with you too." I said aloud, chuckling as my vision became even more blurry. No reply.

Michelle
Michelle
You are a monster from hell
Michelle
Michelle

Voice cracking,  whispered, "Every single lie you've told me, every single time you've betrayed my trust, I forgave you for every one of them. Yet, here you are again. You and your stupid lies."

He looked at me, shocked. I asked him why he was doing this to me, asking him what I have ever done to deserve this. He  composed himself, looking at me dead in the eyes.

You should see how angry he became. How he frowned, how he gritted his teeth. As if I was the one doing the cheating. He spat out, "Who the fuck do you think you are?" Wow, saying it as if I wasn't his partner, huh? The one he confessed his love to?

I couldn't stop crying, yet I couldn't stop laughing. He still didn't say anything, only standing there quietly. I would've loved to see the look on that face of his.

Walk in the room
Watching you smoke
I'm such a fool
Take off your coat

I screamed, "I always knew the both of you weren't just 'friends'. I mean, who kisses their friend, lest fuck them too!"

"Yet there I was, staying with you like an idiot. I honestly thought that it was just a one time fling."

Standing up, I turned around. I came face-to-face with the blonde-haired male, whose eyes conveyed the feeling of both fear and guilt.

Those words that he spat out like venom, making a fool of me and my feelings for him. I couldn't take it. It didn't even look like he regretted whatever he said. This was the last straw, I can't continue being like this. This was it. I ran out, not giving him a second glance.

I watched as his eyes widened as he started to panic, when he saw that my feet inched closer and closer to the edge.

He tried to salvage the situation. "D-don't do it. Please. You know I didn't mean what I said... I-..."

You know just how to be cruel
When you shake your hips that way
I don't care what you say

I smiled at him,

tears still rolling down my cheeks.

Looking at him in the eye,

I told him,

"Bakugō"

                                                     Michelle

"Katsuki,"

                                                     Michelle

"You  
are
a
monster
from
hell."                                                

I took a step back, never breaking eye contact with him.

Michelle
Michelle
You are a monster from...

He ran forward, trying to grab hold of me, but to no avail. I closed my eyes, listening as he screamed out my name in horror.

- fin -