chisaki kai - falling in love like a loser [part 1]

request by @Iidasimp_6722
hanahaki au
let's pretend overhaul is a (morally grey) doctor instead of a villain.
squaring up by sir chloe.

CW: cursing, blood mention

==========================

I should've never met him.

Who would've thought that I had fallen for the cold, heartless doctor. One who hates everything and anything. One who uses others for their selfish motives. One who would never truly care for others.

Who would've thought that he'd never feel the same for me. How gullible could I be?

Fuck, you know when those petals started popping out of my mouth? That's when the seriousness of this whole situation started to hit me.

Everyone knows how bad this disease could be. And we all know it'll eventually lead to one thing: death.

Who knew my feelings for him had already gone to the point of no return. I fell so deeply in love with him, like the fucking loser I am.

You know at first, the flowers were beautiful. Petals of different colours pouring out of my mouth whenever I opened it. I didn't think much of it, since it didn't hurt like how I thought it should. Though it got pretty annoying whenever I tried to yawn or talk; imagine flower petals pouring out of your mouth when you tried to order a drink. Thank goodness we had to wear masks.

I guess I got too complacent, or maybe I forgot how bad it could get.

When I woke up with one of the worst cases of sore throat i've ever experienced, I knew something was wrong. I pushed myself out of bed to turn on the lights, and that's when I saw whatever caused it.

There were small pools of dried blood on my pillow, my bed, everything. Not only that, there were tons of flowers and stems littered all over, all but a few tainted red. Running over to a nearby mirror, I realised there was also dried blood smeared all over. My own dried blood.

The sight of my own blood made me panic, especially when I started to vomit out more flowers. Grabbing my phone, I started searching the Internet frantically for possible 'cures' for this stupid disease.

Surgery. No thanks.

Life-long medication. Never.

Confessing your feelings. The most painless method. Bingo.

Clicking into the article, I skimmed through it. That's how I learnt it was possible to get rid of it without anything done to my body. I just had to face my feelings for him and confess.

And so I did.

There I stood, outside his office. His door that was always closed was now the only thing that could stop me.

Fuck, my heart was pounding so hard against my chest. The day before I thought I could do it, but now that i'm here, i'm having second thoughts.

But I had to do it. I had to get rid of that stupid thing.

Calming my nerves, I raised my fist, giving the door a firm knock.

"Come in," says the voice on the other side. So calm and relaxed, unlike the state I was in right now.

Once I entered, the sight of him caused my heart to flutter. I couldn't help but blurt everything out.

"Dr. Chisaki, please listen to me; I need to get this off my chest."

"You... You don't have to reply me or anything, but please lend me your ear."

I gulped. He didn't seem to be turning around, but I knew he was listening.

I continued, "I really like you... More so... I... I think I love you..."

"I just... thought that I should tell you that. You don't have to say anything, but thanks for listening..."

Looking up at the ceiling, I sighed.

I finally did it. I told him. I hope that everything goes back to normal. I hope that-

"y/n."

Startled by him suddenly calling my name, I looked back down.

"y/n, you poor little thing," he suddenly says, swivelling his chair to face me.

He crosses his arms, looking up as he stared me in the eye.

"I'm afraid to burst your bubble but I doubt i'll be able to love you the way you love me."

Now, what did I even expect? For him to suddenly fall for me? For my feelings to suddenly go away? How big of an idiot could I be.

Yet, even though I expected it, for my feelings to be a one-sided affair, his words fucking hurt like a brick.

Breaking eye contact, I nodded, turning around to leave the room. He says nothing, the squeaking of his chair being the only thing I heard before I walked out.

Fuck, I feel it again.

My throat's on fire, and the taste of iron is slowly welling up.

Maybe I shouldn't have opened my mouth.

- to be continued -