toga himiko - bloody hands, broken heart

CW: blood mentions, death.

hey i'm on break now, so i'm free to write more stories!

also, if you're interested in reading only angst in 2nd person pov, i edit and post some of the stories here onto ao3! you can find me through my username, 'sailorcindy', or the book name, 'hitting where it hurts'.

==========================

I laid my head on her lap, closing my eyes.

I let myself relax, feeling her hands in my hair as she combed through the knots. She hums a song, and I listen.

After the song she was humming comes to an end, she stops running her hands through my hair. I continued laying there, knowing that she had something she wanted to say. Needed to say.

After a short pause, she cups her hands around my cheek. Looking into my eyes, she tells me, "I love you."

I opened my eyes, looking at her as I smiled.

I stared at her for a moment, before replying,

"I loved you too, Himiko."

I was still laying on her lap, but this time, I was covered with my own blood.

"I'm... sorry," I said to her.

My memory was super fuzzy at the moment; I didn't remember how I got here, neither did I remember getting severely injured. I only remembered what happened after, where I was crawling towards her, whispering her name over and over again. When she finally realised someone was calling out to her, she turned around, her face paling as she noticed me.

She was quick to drag me towards a secluded corner,  before kneeling down as she lay my head on her lap. She runs her hand through my hair, carefully detangling the knots. Just like old times.

As I laid there, I was fading in and out of consciousness. I was barely able to catch whatever Himiko was trying to tell me. Though, I was able to catch her crying, a sight that I've never seen till today. She still looked so beautiful, despite the fact that she had a look of pain written all over her face.

"Who... Who did this?" She asks, voice shaking.

I shook my head, signifying that I couldn't, or wouldn't, tell her.

So the both of us stayed in this position for a little while. It was barely a minute, and I would've loved to stay with her a little longer, but I was slowly becoming way too lightheaded.

Using my uninjured hand and whatever strength I had left, I reached into one of my pockets, pulling out something I held dear. A butterfly knife. It was a gift from Himiko to me. Sharp, compact, and definitely necessary in this situation.

"Take this," I said to her, as I reached for her hands and gave her the knife. As best as I could, I raised her arms over my chest, positioning the knife where my heart was. Her eyes widen as she realises what was going to happen.

"Everything hurts, Himiko... So please... please..." I begged her. I was desperate, desperate to stop hurting.

She shook her head, hands trembling. It seems as if she were in a dilemma, unsure of whether to do it or not.

I watched as she bit her lip so hard that blood started dripping down.

"I can't!" She cried out, "I can't do it!"

"I'm sorry... I can't, I can't kill my significant other! I don't want you to go, but I don't want you to continue hurting. What am I supposed to do, y/n?"

"It's okay," I sighed. It was hard to talk, but I had to get my last words in before...

"Himiko... Just know that... I loved you. I always did, and I still do. Promise me that you won't miss me that much, yeah?"

"I'll see you... next time."

Looking into her eyes, I gave her one last smile.

Without warning, I brought our hands down forcefully, plunging the blade straight through my chest. The pain overwhelmed me, and I could feel the ever increasing flow of blood out of my body. Before I knew it, I started blacking out.

The last thing I heard was her pain-filled scream.

- fin -