takami keigo - a second too late

request by @tendous-property
i'm so sorry, i might've missed out your request; that's why it took so long !! forgive me :(

CW: cursing, blood and explosion mentions, death

==========================

"Are you being serious right now?"

"You're going to do this now? Better yet, before I go to work? Can't you see that I have other things to worry about? My gosh you're so irritating."

I frowned, before shouting back, "Not everything is about you, you know? I have things to attend to later on, too. I just thought that we should talk about it now instead of later."

"But right now it seems that you're too mad to even think straight."

He turns towards me, pinching his nose bridge angrily. He opens his mouth, presumably to say something, but he shuts it again.

Turning away from me again, he walks towards the balcony door, flinging it open.

He steps onto the ledge, not before he says, "You know, you always get on my nerves. I'm not sure why i'm still with you."

And with that, he takes off, disappearing from sight.

I stared into the distance, clenching my fist. "Well, fuck you too then," I murmured. His words obviously stung, but i'm trying to not let it get to me. Wanting a distraction, I decided to get ready to go to work.

An hour later, I arrived at the location I was assigned to for my mission. I tried forgetting all the things he had said to me, since I didn't want it to affect my work in any way. Putting my feelings aside, I ran towards my partner.

Patting them on the back, I asked, "Ready to head in?"

They nodded, and so the both of us prepared ourselves.

Today's mission was a little different. We were dispatched here to collect intel from someone in the League of Villains. Why the higher-ups trusted them, i'm not sure. But since i'm not one to question, I accepted this mission.

We started heading towards the agreed meeting spot, which was the top most level of the building. It was said that music would play, ensuring that we wouldn't get lost. We headed up, climbing stairway after stairway, until we finally stood before a door. What seemed like classical music was echoing out from the other side. Composing myself, I pushed open the door.

The room was dark, save for the light coming from our torches. I walked in first, followed by my partner. The both of us then headed towards the source of the sound.

However, as we got closer, we did not see anyone. Instead, there was only a portable radio on the floor. My heart sank.

I'm not sure why, but I started pressing some of the buttons. That's when the music stopped and a recording started to play.

"If you're listening to this, it means you really fell for it! I can't believe it; I thought the so-called 'heroes' were smarter than this. Well, hope you enjoy our explosive gifts!"

I recognise that voice anywhere... Tomura Shigaraki.

Shit. This whole thing was a trap.

Just then, a loud 'boom' was heard from behind us, and we were thrown forward by the force of what i'm assuming was a bomb. My ears were ringing, and everything hurts. I looked back, my face paling in horror. Our only way of leaving the building was blocked.

The both of us were in full panic mode. Neither of us had explosive quirks capable of unblocking the doorway. There weren't any windows either, so we were now trapped in the room.