toga himiko - farewell [part 1]

inspired by arms tonite by mother mother.
villain! reader.

CW: manga spoilers (?), cursing, blood, death

=========================

"Oh fuck off already!" I screamed.

Holding onto the area on my body that they shot, I ran for cover. Gosh, how much more fucking annoying can they get?

Not only were the police here, there were many other pro-heroes at the scene. They just had to bring in those U.A. kids too. Not going to lie, they do love traumatising kids huh.

I was getting increasingly worried; not only were we overwhelmed, many of the other villains have already suffered really serious injuries. Worse yet, we might have lost a few comrades already too.

This really is either going to be a win or die situation for us. I really hope it's not the latter.

I wrapped my arm up, tying it tight to prevent further blood loss. The pure white bandage slowly turned crimson red within mere seconds.

I looked in the direction of the others who were nearby. Dabi was going against multiple pro-heroes. Someone else was helping him, but I couldn't see through the thick smoke.

Tomura was handling things just fine. At least, I hope he was. He seemed to be engaged in a very fierce fight between some of the U.A. kids. I really hope that all goes well for him.

I looked around, as I tried looking for Toga. No sign at all.

Front, back, left, right, yet that crazy blonde was nowhere to be seen. Where could she even be?

My heart was racing. I didn't know why, but I was thinking about the worst thing that could've happened to her. I shook my head. No, I shouldn't jinx myself.

Touching my bandages, I got ready to leave my hiding spot. That's when I heard her, not far away from where I was.

She was screaming, so, so fervently. Her tone, for some reason, it scared me.

I turned around, and noticed that Toga was cornered. Oh shit.

I broke out in cold sweat. I wanted to help her. I needed to, yet I couldn't. I couldn't even move an inch. I could only watch in horror as those surrounding her cocked their guns. They all took aim.

Bang.

Toga toppled forward, blood seeping into her clothes immediately. Those that shot her, didn't even bother giving the blonde a second glance before they ran off. I rushed forward towards her.

"To-Toga," was the only thing that I could even stutter out. I was shaking.

Why? Why must they do this?

"Please, hang on, okay? I-I'll get... I'll get help, okay?"

"Please, stay with me!"

It's all my fault.

I gritted my teeth as my tears dropped onto her face.

She still had a heartbeat, but it was so faint. I ripped a part of my shirt out, trying my best to restrict the blood flow around her wounds. It didn't work.

My hands that were resting on her were being painted red. I could only look on as they seeped into my clothes too.

Toga's eyes fluttered open, her hands holding onto mine with whatever strength she had left. She looked at me, giving me a weak smile.

I saw how much effort it took as she raised her cold, bloody hands to caress my face.

She whispered,

"Don't you think it's kinda cute that i'll die, right inside your arms tonight?"

"Toga... dont say that, please," I begged, biting my lips harder.

"That i'm fine, even after I have died?" She says, hands slowly lowering. I held onto it desperately.

"Because it was in your arms I died."

She closed her eyes, her smile still plastered on her face. I couldn't feel a pulse anymore.

No, it can't be.

"Toga!" was the only thing I could scream.

I hugged her arm, tears still flowing.

Please come back.

- to be continued -