kirishima eijirō - it's okay [pt. 2]

continuation of 'bakugō katsuki — screwed'.

CW: N.A.

=========================
I ran.

I kept running. Running until I was out of breath. Till I was gasping for air. Till sweat was slowly seeping through my clothing.

Hands on my waist, I looked up, taking deep breathes. I wiped my sweat on my face away, before realising that I was crying.

Huh, what a mess I am.

Using my shirt, I dried my face. Patting my cheeks as I calmed myself down, I looked around. I'm... near the infirmary? Wow, didn't know that I ran that far.

I don't think I should have left the dorms; i'm giving everyone else so much trouble just by doing this. But how could I just stay there? Let him scream at me like that? I was already feeling really bad about all that has happened, but he was taking it too far.

I groaned. This is so frustrating.

I looked to my right. The door to the infirmary.

Am I allowed to go in? I placed my hand on the door handle, hesitant.

Should I even...? I pushed it open.

Empty. Recovery Girl wasn't there. There was practically nobody, except for the sleeping boy in the corner. Kirishima.

Seeing him in such a peaceful yet such painful state had me feeling a wave of emotions. I bit my lip. No.

I walked closer. Thump thump. My heart was beating faster. Thump thump. My shoe squeaked against the smooth, tiled floor.

I stood beside his bed, casting a shadow over him. I sighed. I pulled a chair nearby, making sure I made no sound doing so.

Looking at his sleeping figure, I couldn't help but touch his bandages.  He was wrapped up so tightly with a variety of them. I touched his arms. His legs. His face. I trailed my finger gently over them. I then rested my hand in his hair.

"Kirishima... I'm really sorry..." I whispered.

"Thank you... For saving me back there..."

I carefully combed my hand through his hair, careful not to tangle it. I really hope he isn't mad at me.

For some reason, I was becoming more and more tired. I guess I was running as if my life was at stake, huh. Crying takes up so much energy too. I rubbed my eyes, yawning.

If I sleep here... is that okay?

Elbows on the bed, I rested my face on my palms. I slowly lowered my head onto the soft surface, looking in the direction of Kirishima's face. My eyelids felt so heavy.

I don't think he'll mind, right? I shut my eyes. Without even noticing, I quickly slipped into deep sleep.

I didn't realise it, but the redhead has been awake since the moment I stepped into the room. A few minutes after I fell asleep, he slowly opened his eyes. Carefully, he sat up. He made sure not to aggravate his wounds or disturb the sleeping person beside him.

He rested his hand on my head, smiling.

In a soft whisper, he says, "y/n... Stop apologising for something that isn't your fault..."

He pulled over his blanket, covering the both of us under the warm piece of fabric.

"I'm glad you're alright."

• • •

Later on, Mina was already close to giving up on her search for me. However, when she entered the infirmary to check up on Kirishima, she ended up finding me. The both of us were sleeping soundly next to each other, a smile on our faces.

- fin -