kaminari denki - spooked

happy spooktober/halloween!
this seemed like the appropriate story to write.

note: you have hagakure's quirk, but the only catch is that you can activate and deactivate it. anything you wear/hold becomes invisible too.

CW: N.A.

=========================

"Happy Halloween!" The whole of class A said in unison.

Everyone was gathered in the common room tonight. The room was filled, with everyone in their different costumes. It was also decorated with halloween themed props in every corner possible, no thanks to Yaoyorozu of course.

It was nice to see everybody so happy every once in a while. I sat next to Mina on the couch, and the pink-haired girl handed me a drink. We started talking about the activities lined up for later, like the haunted house. Just as we were talking about who'd be the most scared, Kaminari walked over.

I looked at him, donned in his ghost hunter outfit. He looked good in it; it really fits him. I raised my hand to wave, but he seemed to have ignored me.

Uh, that's fine I guess. Totally not hurt, I thought to myself.

He looked around the room as he came to a stop in front of Mina and I.

"Wasn't y/n just here a second ago? Did they leave already?" he asked, pouting slightly. "The fun hasn't even started yet!"

Mina looked towards me, but something seemed off about her gaze. It was like she was looking through me.

That's when a lightbulb went off in my head. Ah yikes, I think I might've accidentally activated my quirk.

"Huh, they were here just now. I think they'll be back soon, so don't worry about it." Mina told the boy standing in front her. Satisfied with her answer, Kaminari walked away.

I tapped the pink girl's shoulder, deactivating my quirk.

"Mina, you do know that I was right here the whole time, right?"

Startled, mina almost spilt her drink on me. "Woah! You scared me!" She exclaimed. I laughed.

"I seriously am not used to you doing that."

As mina recomposed herself, her eyes suddenly widened. Grinning maniacally, she tells me, "Why don't you pretend to be a ghost that follows kaminari around? That'd be hilarious."

I thought about it. The sight of Kaminari being scared shitless did seem really funny, plus he seemed too oblivious to even think that it was my doing. And so, I agreed to her idea.

I smiled at Mina, activating my quirk again. I stood up, walking towards wherever Kaminari was. just then, Iida announced that we could start entering the haunted house. nice, now it's my time to shine.

Trailing behind Kaminari, I followed as he excitedly made his way to the entrance of the haunted house. He was chatting away happily with Kirishima, so I took this opportunity to stand closer to him.

I whispered into his ear as spookily as I could, "K a m i n a r i.... K a m i n a r i..."

Needless to say, Kaminari seemed horrified. He turned towards me, his face paling even more when he realises that nobody was beside him. At least, that's what he thought. He tugged Kirishima's sleeve, asking if he had heard someone whispering too. Kirishima only told him to calm down, and that he was just imaging things.

I giggled, which only cause the blonde to widen his eyes in fear. I was walking beside him, through the dark hallway, whispering random things every so often. Kaminari grew increasingly terrified by the second. I guess that if you're invisible, whispering stupid things like 'potato' sounds creepy enough.

Soon, we were nearing the end of the haunted house, and I had an idea that could possibly cause him to shit his pants.

A few metres before we reached the exit, I walked close behind Kaminari. I deactivated my quirk and pulled on his shirt. He turned around, and I took the chance to shout as loud as I could.

"BOO!"

I didn't exactly think about how Kaminari would react. I, for the record, had fake blood and wounds around my face. My outfit was also really intimidating. Especially since there was barely any light, I did actually look like the ghost of a murder victim. Moreover, the poor boy was already shaking when he was walking through the haunted house.

When Kaminari turned around, he screamed. He accidentally released large volts of electricity, unintentionally directing them at me.

Both of us, zapped by such large amounts of electricity, fell to the ground. Kirishima, witnessing everything that happened, ran out to get help.

I laid there in pain, next to him. I looked at the dazed male, mumbling,

"Heh, worth it."

before blacking out.

- fin -