Chapter 11 - One More Night

Adam’s POV:

“Chris, come here. Listen to my new song. We just got it recorded yesterday,” I call her to sit next to me on the sofa. “Okay, honey, I’m coming,” she walks towards me and lands her butt next to me.

I play the song on my iPhone. She keeps her mouth shut, listening carefully to the song.

Several minutes later, the song ends. “It’s great. What’s song is this?” she asks, smiling brightly. “Tickets,” I tell her the title. “You sound like Lady Gaga actually,” she comments, laughing. “Gosh, really? Okay, Adam Levine is the next Lady Gaga,” I say, raising my eyebrows up and laugh. “Adam Gaga,” she laughs. I always want to see her laugh like this again.

“Listen, Christina, I got a confession to make,” I start; causing the air in here turns a bit cold. “Um, what is it? You are freaking me,” she’s still grinning. I take out a diamond ring from my pocket and raise her right hand. Her jaws fell, surprised and excited mixed in her heart, I guess.

“Adam, what do you-”

“Would you marry me for the se-”

“Dad! Are you insane?! You can’t marry her!” Amanda suddenly appears and shouts at us, sending a terrible shock to me and of course Christina is dumbfounded!

“Amanda?! How do you-”

“I don’t want her to be my mom! She’s the most terrible woman on earth. I don’t even want to live with you, Christina! I hate you since the first day you come here. You can’t ever be with dad! You take everything from me, you know? You take dad from me. You take his love from me!” she shouts like she doesn’t even thinking what she’s saying.

“Amanda?! You-” I don’t even get the chance to say anything as she keeps shouting and shouting like a loony.

“Oh god, so I wish you would LEAVE THIS FUCKING HOUSE now!” she shouts and this line really tugs me inside. I lost my words. Everything is happening so fast and… terrible. I hear Christina sobs and she stands up, leaving me and Amanda, heading to the bedroom.

“Chris, where are you going?” I got hold on her arm but then she snatches her arm off my grip. “Let go off me,” she says, crying hardly and run to the bedroom.

“Thanks, Amanda. You did a great job,” I say cynically and frown. I stand up and walk weakly to bedroom, to see what’s Christy doing and I need to get her bliss back.

“Dad, I just hate her. You won’t understand!” she pulls my arm, stopping me from walking to my bedroom. If I don’t even mind about her, I would’ve slapped her in the face but I refrain myself.

“You have something you don’t know, Amanda,” I say before I leave.

What cause her to be this stupid?

I snatch my arm from her and walk to my room.

“Chris, what are you doing?” I’m shocked to see her packing all her things up as I open the door. I walk closer to her and stop her. “Chris, are you crazy?” I say in a half-shout as my heart really is screaming for her to stop everything. My heart is really torn apart seeing all this happen so quickly.

“I’m packing all my things up. I’m leaving tonight. I’m gonna fly back to Los Angeles,” she says with her voice trembling badly. “Please, Christina, don’t leave me,” I wrap my arms around her from her back. “I…I can’t. Your daughter hates me like hell,” she says weakly.

“Chris, I’m begging you,” I get really weak seeing her cry. “I’m sorry, Ad, but I have to,” she grips my hands.

“Chris, can you stay for just one more night? Give me one more night? Please, Christina,” I beg, kissing her shoulder.

One more night. Because tonight I gotta hold her so close. I don’t want her to leave me sleeping alone.