She Will Be Loved (Part 2)

Fifteen years passed just so quickly. I was just too busy to realize it all. And the story about me and Christina had already died. Yeah, I knew it, it was a long, long time ago.

And I keep changing girlfriends, but I never found the one I really need right now. The one like… Christina. I couldn’t lie. I needed her in my life. I’m just stupid. So damn stupid.

And yeah, I knew now she’s happy with another man, I just knew it a lot. I could feel that every time I thought about it, feeling like a knife stabbed me violently into this wounded heart.

Ring!!!

The sound of my phone snapped me out of my deep thoughts.

                “Hello, Adam’s speaking?” I answered without looking at the caller name before answering.

                “Hey, my guy!” Blake’s voice heard through the phone. To tell the truth, I never met him again after The Voice ended. I smiled as I heard his voice through the speaker.

                “Yeah, miss ya! Why are you calling after a long time?” my words may heard to him cynical, but I knew he would just go along with it.

                “I’m sorry. So now, I am thinking, maybe we should meet again, you know, a reunion,” he suggested after letting out a laugh.

                “Reunion for… you mean, The Voice judges?” I asked, as it was the only thing that crossed into my kind right now.

                “Yeah, you got it right, Addy,” he said and he laughed again.

                “Wow, it sounds really great,” I curved a smile, agreeing with it. I didn’t know why but now, the one who was playing in my head is… Christina.

“You’ll bring your babe Christina, right?” Blake’s question shook my heart. I took a deep breath, being calm to answer her question.

“Blake… we have divorced. Didn’t you remember about it?” I said, with my tone changed.

“Oh god, I’m sorry! I almost forgot about it,” he said, sounding like he’s completely forgotten about it. Really?

“Don’t take it serious. I’m fine,” I said, hiding the pain away.

“So, are you now dating with another girl?” he asked. I knew, he cared a lot about me. He’s the one who understands me a lot after I lost Christina.

“Of course. You know me, right?” I said, letting out a big laugh. Yeah, I’m with another girl now, but she’ll never be the same to Christina.

I would have to admit, I was dating with other girls just to get Christina back, just to get her jealous.

Talking with a long-lost best friend, Blake was really interesting. He cared me a lot and he’s really great. We talked a lot until I didn’t even realize it was already midnight.

Um, sleeping alone again.

---

                I pressed the button on my car key to lock my Porsche. I made sure myself really nice and smart before I walked into the diner. So now, I’ll be meeting my long-lost friends, including… Christina. No, she, not my long-lost friend, but she’s my long-lost lover.

I couldn’t lie. I needed her.

I walked into the diner and looked around, searching for them.