Chapter 14

Amanda’s POV:

“I don’t know if you are hearing me or not, but you need to know that I need you now. I’m sorry, I know I was a stupid girl that always hated you, insulted you, got mad at you easily but please, give me a chance, and I need you. I need a mom in my life. I miss you so bad till my heart bleeds, you know,” I stop, taking a breath. Now, my cries are getting uncontrollable. Brit who is standing beside me strokes my back, to help me calm myself. The officer in the counter smiles sympathetically at me.

“Yesterday is the dumbest day I ever made in my life. I was way too stupid to prevent you from marrying dad. Of course you need to be here, always for dad and for me. You can’t go, you can’t go, and you can’t go. I need you mom. Please, I’m begging you here. I’ll do whatever to get you back here, whatever, mom. I still need you in my life. Please, forgive my stupidity,” I say even my voice sounds trembling.

“Mom, I hope it wasn’t too late. Please, Christina Aguilera, I need you,” I end my word finally and I place my head on the counter. My head is pounding fast right now, I can’t even think properly. I hope she’s there and catch me.

“But sorry, Miss, I guess she had gone. The flight to Los Angeles is already departed 5 minutes ago,” the officer said to me. And that line kills me a lot inside. “No way, you gotta be kidding me!” I say in half-scream. I regret everything, mom. Please. I put my head on the desk, frowning badly.

“Your mom is Christina Aguilera? Wow,” I can hear the officer says, sounding amused but I can’t even respond anything right now. I’m already numb. “Yeah, she’s also Adam Levine’s daughter,” Brit tells her, making her a bit stunned. “Woah, celebrities’ daughter. Lucky,” she says, grinning.

To hell with the celebrities’ daughter or somewhat but what all I need now is mom.

But she had gone. I was way too late.

“Brit, let’s go,” I pull her arm. “Thank you for helping us,” Brit thanks the officer but I can’t say anything, my mouth is locked.

When I turn my back, I’m surprised to see a couple smiling at us.

Dad and Christina, I mean, MOM.

She smiles at me, opening her arms to offer a hug. I run to her and hug her tightly- I don’t want to let her go anymore. “I’m sorry, mom,” I whisper in my cries. “No, don’t. It was me who supposed to tell you earlier,” she says, her voice is always calming, I admit. “I love you, mom. You won’t leave me again, right?” I sob in her ears. “No, I won’t. I love you too,” she says, stroking my back.

“Have you forgive me?” I ask, looking into her watery eyes. “You never did any wrong to me, sweetie,” she says in a half-whisper. “Mom…” I can’t say anything. I continue hugging her back, hiding my face in her blonde hair. She treats me well even I’ve done so much bad things to her.

“Um, I guess this girl already forgot her father,” dad says smiling at us. I release mom and hug dad. “Dad, I’m sorry,” I ask for his forgiveness since I had become such an insolent girl in front of him before. “I promise I won’t do that again,” I continue, hugging him tighter. “Yeah, until you know that the woman you hate is your own mother,” he says, I can hear a cynical tone from his voice. “Oh dad…” I say weakly. Yeah, this time, I can’t deny him anymore.

“Christina, can I get your autograph? I’m your diehard fan!” Brit speaks after I’ve done hugging dad. She hands mom (it’s weird to call her mom, like all of sudden) Christina’s latest album which I don’t even give a damn about it (before). Mom takes it and signs on it.

“Brit, you never tell me before,” I nudge her arm. “That’s because I’m afraid you gonna break my album in two,” she sticks her tongue out, which is kinda annoying me. “I hate you,” I shove her lightly.

Mom walks in between me and dad out of the airport.

I won’t let this happen again.

--

Adam’s POV:

 “You know what, I won’t go home without you,” I whisper in Christina’s ears as I sing the line of my song. She smiles sweetly. I grip her hands tighter. I never want to let her go anymore.

“Great job, Amanda. I am thinking maybe I should not ground you anymore,” I say to Amanda. “Wow, dad, really? Oh dad, thanks,” she sounds really excited and I can see the glitters in her eyes.

If all these things were told earlier, Christina should never have to get through all the pain and I should never have to ground Amanda and Amanda should never have to be so rude to us.

I was glad all this pain is over.

Well, I guess this is the ending.

--

Amanda’s POV:

No way. It isn’t the ending yet. There’s still a problem needs to be solved, quickly.

It’s between Adam Levine and Zack Merrick.

Dad must get along with my boyfriend. It is a MUST!

----------------------------------------------------

Time for A/N: I hope this chapter could make you guys smile reading it. I just got back from a vacation so I got some better ideas for this chapter and for the next! Oh, I can’t wait writing for the next chapter! So, hope you guys like this chapter! Leave a comment, suggestion, or something in the comment box! I’ll appreciate it, of course! :)