Chapter 4 (Edited)

Amanda's POV:

"Shit!" I curse, releasing my anger to Brit, the only one who could understand me right now. 

"Hey, relax Amanda," she strokes my back, maybe trying to calm me. But, no.

"I'm trying to! But how can I even relax if that bitch is really living in my fucking home?!" I can even control myself as Christina's face keeps crossing my mind. I try to fade her off my mind but I can't. 

"What's so irritating about her? She looks fine and I think she's kind," Brit expresses her opinion but I'll never accept it. NEVER. "Maybe it's just you," she advises something that I won't give a damn. Talking about her is just making me go insane. Plus, Brit isn't helping at all. Sigh.

"Ugh, you're not even helping." I mutter under my breath as I massage circles on my forehead, feeling sick of all this. Dad doesn't love me at all, instead he loves that woman more than he possibly loves me!

"Why look so serious?" a voice that I really need right now, Zack Merrick cuts me off of my thoughts. I raise my gaze and smile as I see his handsome face curving the most killing smile. Oh god, I'm enough to die

"Oh nothing," I try to look cheerful in front of him so he won't worry about me or something.

So...Zack and I have made an improvement. To tell you how, we are officially a couple now. I can tell he's the best boyfriend in this whole wide world and maybe I'm just lucky. :)

"I heard you guys are going to have a date today? Is it true?" Brit winks at me. 

"Um, kinda," he answers it short, acting really cool. "It's not actually a date, it's like hanging out together." he continues, grinning. "Let's go." he grabs my hand and we walk out of the school area.

---

"So, your dad just got home?" he moves my attention from eating the Baskin Robin's ice cream that he just treated me. 

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask, looking into his beautiful eyes. 

"Um, just guessing," he grins his teeth out. 

 "Are you a psychic or what?" I laugh hearing his joke.

A long pause.

"Um, can I ask you something?" I start again after finishing my ice cream. He nods and wipes off the ice-cream of his lips. "So... Dad brings Christina home," I stop. Wait,  that isn't a question, it's a statement.

 "You mean Christina Aguilera?" he scoffs, amazement to let me continue shining through his green eyes.

"Yeah, but," I stop, I can't continue.

"Why?" he grips my hand and rubs circles on it with his thumb. Tears suddenly filled my eyes. My wild burning hatred can't be tamed anymore. I hate seeing her with dad. Dad must not be with her! Dad must be with mom. Even though - Mom, who are you? Where are you? Why don't you be here when I need you so much? Why do you just let dad with another woman? Don't you miss me? Don't you love me? A lot of questions hit my mind like over and over.

"Amanda, are you okay?" he raises my head, flicks the hair that is covering my watery eyes and wipes the tears off my face. "If you ever had problems, just tell me, maybe I can help...?" he says in a half whisper. I can't help this anymore, I need to tell him.

---

"Do you feel okay now?" he asks as we walk home. 

"Yeah, thanks honey," I grab his waist and put my face closer to his broad chest. He opens his arm and grips me tighter. 

"I love you," a sweetly whisper is blown into my ears.

"I love you too," I raise my head up to search for his handsome face.

                Then, we reach my home. "Why don't you just come in see my dad?" I invite him in. 

"Um, I don't know," he shrugs his shoulders. Before I could press the door bell, someone had opened the door. Oh, it's dad.

"Amanda, where have you been? Why didn't you call me to pick you up?" he asks, sounding really serious in his voice. It sends shiver into my skin. Okay, so what now?

"I was hanging out with Zack. Meet Zack, dad," I smile while pointing to Zack. Dad looks at him in sorrowfulness, like Zack had done mistakes to him. 

"Um, maybe I'm going home," Zack waves, getting the hint and leaves. Dad is like sending a go-home-you-jerk face impression to Zack, so maybe that's why he's not hesitating to just leave. Before I could say anything to Zack, dad pulls my hand and slams the door shut.

"Do you think it's safe walking around with a guy like that?" he asks, gripping tightly of my arm. 

"Guy like what, dad? He's my boyfriend, so what with that?" I answer, questioning why he needs to treat Zack . Zack hadn't done any wrong to me or him. 

"Stop being so rude Amanda. Why with you?" he asks.

"It isn't me, it's you! Ask yourself!" I snatch my arm from dad's grip and run upstairs, to my room. I notice Christina sitting on the couch, tapping something on her iPad before I could run upstairs. She notices me and gets up from the couch.

"Honey, what happens?" she tries to reach for me but I quickly run into my room and slam the door.

I lean against the door and cry  - crying as hardly as I can. Everything turns upside down when the woman is here!

"Are you okay, dear?" I can hear her 'so-called nice and sweet'  voice. 

"Go away! I don't want to hear you!" I shout my heart out. 

A minute later, I heard nothing outside. She's gone maybe? Who is she to pretend like she cares for me a lot? Why is she acting like that? Is that how she does to win my heart to get dad? If it is, it is not working, you know. Fuck your drama, Christina.

I stand up and sink myself into my pink bed. I turn myself and take a frame with the picture of dad and me when I was 15. It is the last picture we took together. And now it's been two years after it and he always keeps himself as a busy guy with the band Maroon 5 and The Voice thingy and what celebrity does. It hurts me so bad. It's killing me, dad. I need his love and now, when he got back, he shares all his heart with a woman that I hate a lot. And now, you try to chase Zack away? You got me fucked up enough, dad.

Adam's POV:

I saw her frowning on the couch. "Christy, are you okay?" I reach to her quickly and wrap my arm around her and pull her closer to my chest. I can hear her sobbing. "Is it because of Amanda?" I ask even though I'm dead sure about it. I heard Amanda shouting just now. Who else left in the house she wants to shout to?

She gives no answer then. "Answer me, darling," I kiss the top of her head. She sobs and slowly raises her head. I wipe off the tears on her cheeks.

"No, it's nothing," she lies, forcing a smile but she can't. She continues crying on my chest. I can feel my shirt gets wet from all her tears. "She hates me," she mumbles but I can hear it clearly. 

"I'm...I'm sorry," I couldn't say anything more. Amanda is my mistake, the mistake of not teaching her how to behave. And she hurts the one I love. I am all in mistake. Please, seeing she cries is my weakness. Please, please, please, don't cry.

I stroke her head, hoping it will calm her. "You don't want to go to bed yet, love?" I ask as I heard no sound made from her. She raises her head and nods. She looks really tired, tired of crying for all Amanda's behavior. Shame on me.

"Um, you want me to carry you there?" I gave her the gentlest smile I ever had. She nods and curves a smile, weak smile. I carry her to my room and lay her gently on the bed.

"Go get enough sleep, we have a lot to do tomorrow," I flick her blonde hair that is covering her eyes. She smiles and places her palms on my chest as I wrap around her closer.

"I love you, Christy," I whisper her to sleep.