Chapter 6

Amanda’s POV:

‘Welcome parents!’ I read the word on the whiteboard. “Hey Amanda, is your dad coming?” a quirky girl’s voice shocks me so I raise my head up. Oh, it’s Katie, the school number one Adam Levine’s diehard fan. Is it enough to describe her? “Um, dunno. I wish he’s not coming,” I moan and release a big sigh. “Are you crazy? He must be here!” she widens her eyes, staring into my tired-of-waiting eyes. I’ve waited for my dad for 4 hours now and most of the students had already gone home.

He must be carried away by that stupid woman. Great.

“Where are your parents?” I ask Katie. “They are not coming,” she releases a sigh. “But then, why you’re still waiting? You should go home now,” I lift my eyebrows, weird to her absolutely weird action. “Um, you know, I’m waiting for-”

“My dad? Stupid. He won’t come,” I shove her lightly. “But then why are you still waiting? You supposed to come home. Oh before that, please give this to Adam! He must know I love him very much,” she tears the zip off her bag and pass me an envelope. “What is this? A love letter?” I ask her back. “Um, kinda,” she smiles indescribably. She left me a weird smile before she disappears.

Weird. “Okay, I got it,” I put it on my bag and continue resting my back, waiting for the heck of my dad, maybe. Suddenly I heard the door cracks and clicks and clacks of someone’s high heels, entering the class. Dad won’t come here wearing heels, it must be not dad.

“Amanda,” somebody taps my shoulder causing me to turn and see her. She’s wearing shades. Of course because she’s Christina Aguilera! Why the hell is she here?! My heart screams seeing her.

“You know what; Adam couldn’t make it to here, so I replace him and-”

“Quit the gibber, just walk to the table and sign something and done. Faster, I want to go home quick. I’m tired of waiting,” I turn my head away from her. I don’t want to see her face! Her red lips are killing me, deeply inside. Nice short skirt, Christina. You kill me for times. “Okay honey, I’m sorry,” she strokes my back before she walks to the teacher’s table.

Today is the worst day ever.

“Amanda honey, your teacher is calling,” she calls me, her voice hurts my eardrums, like they gonna burst and bleed so bad. I walk weakly to the teacher’s table. Mrs. Sykes smiles warmly at me. “Oh, Amanda, your mom is so pretty like you,” she says and smiles again. Fuck, she’s not my mom.

“Oh, quit it, I’m not her mom,” Christina speaks, smiling brightly. “Oh, I’m sorry, so you are-?” Mrs. Sykes asks again, curious.

“Ooh, anything more I need to sign?” Christina tries to change the topic. She knows I hate it, and it’s obviously shown by my face expression. “Oh, Amanda, you sign here, and Mrs-” Mrs. Sykes lifts her eyebrow and flashes a glance to Christina.

“Just call me Chris,” she curves a smile. “Okay, Chris you need to sign here and write your name in here. See, she did great in the exam. You should be very proud,” Mrs. Sykes praises me.

“I know she’ll do great. She’s a clever girl,” Christina stretches a wide smile. Is she faking it? I hate you.

“Where’s her dad?” Mrs. Sykes asks, getting nosier to know about Adam Levine. “You know, celebrity jobs,” she lets out a grin. She signs on the paper and lifts her butt from the chair.

“You… are Christina Aguilera? Oh god! You gotta be kidding me!” Mrs. Sykes sounds excited after looking to the paper that she signed. “Ooh, keep it as a secret, friend,” she removes her shade, revealing her eyes and wear it back. She takes my hand and walk out.

After we got out of the school, I snatch my hand off her grip. She looks surprise but then she just let a smile. “I’m sorry,” she says, trying to sound lovely. I’m sick for the heck of it.

“Amanda!” someone calls me before I could get into the car. I turn and let my jaws fell. “Zack!” I shout his name in excitement. “You want to leave now?” he asks, lifting his eyebrows. “Yeah, I waited for too long and my body ached,” I complain. He gave a sympathy smile. “Okay then, well,” he still needs to continue his words.

“I love you,” he whispers. I blush badly and I can’t focus at his face anymore. I am… love drunk. “I…I love you too, Zack,” I reply. “Okay, take care,” he waves before I get into the car.

“He’s your boyfriend?” Christina asks as I lean myself against the car door, watching through the window or to make it clearer, trying to get the furthest distance from her in the car. I never know she knows how to drive. Hope so I’ll be reaching home safely.

I gave her no answer.

“He looks sweet with you. You guys are a perfect couple,” she says like I ever listen to her but her lines make me smile, automatically. Quit kissing my butt or something!

---

I open the door and run upstairs. “Hey, honey, how’s your report card day going?” dad asks as he notices me. “It turns bad because it’s not you who’s coming,” I grumble. “I’m busy darling. I just got back from a press conference. You need to understand, Amanda,” he makes a tired face and releases a deep breath. “Okay, okay,” I answer hesitantly and head to my room. Great excuse, dad.

But then why you need to ask her to come to my school?

Why don’t you just tell me that you can’t come?

I hate it how it goes now, dad. I hate it so much. I sink my body on the bed and begin to cry. Dad loves her better than he loves me. I’m so sick of this game.

---

Adam’s POV:

“Hey, darling, how’s the report card day going?” I ask her as she sits next to me and leans her head on my shoulder. “I feel sick,” she mumbles. “Why?” I ask her, wrapping my arm securely around her. “I’m sick of being someone that Amanda hates a lot,” she continues, her hand starts to grip my shirt.

“Being ignored by your daughter is painful,” she mumbles but this time she sobs. “Christy, can you survive a little bit longer,” I sound begging, wrapping her closer. She hurts a lot living here and that is not my plan bringing her here, absolutely not in the list.

I kiss the top of her head and stroke her back, trying to calm her. It hurts my every breath when I hear she cries.

“Maybe I should live somewhere else, away from here?” her question tugs me deeply inside.

“No way, you can’t. You know I can’t even sleep at night without you by my side?” I whisper into her ears. “But your daughter needs you more,” she mutters without moving her face away from my chest. “But I need you, Christy. You should’ve known that,” I answer, keeping my tone lowered. I sound selfish, but she’s my life!

“Your daughter is important. She’s a growing teenager, she needs your love so bad,” her sobs mixed in her words she said. “But that doesn’t mean she needs to be so insolent in front of you!” I try to confide her that she needs to stay.

I want her to stay.

I want her to stay strong.

I want her.

I want her so much.

I want her to be fine with my daughter.

How can I handle such situation? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for A/N : haha, suu-weet! um,  how to start? i think this is crap haha but glad if you guys like it. urm...what else? oh, i like Adam Levine and what else? please leave a comment or something to help me improve! hahahaha :D 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH \(◕‿◕)/  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥