Chapter 5

Amanda's POV:

"You must bring your parents for the report card day tomorrow," Mrs. Sykes informs the whole class. "And ooh, Amanda, be sure to bring Adam Levine," she points at me and winks. All eyes in the class are on me and the whole class then cheers. I scratch at the back of my head awkwardly, thinking of the worst possibilities that could happen if my dad was here.

I can imagine myself lost in a crowd of Adam Levine's fans tomorrow - Bullshit fans.

Brit taps on my desk, trying to get my attention. I turn my head to her and make a what-is-it from my facial expression. "Ooh, a free visit from Adam Levine tomorrow," she whispers and grins happily. 

"Man, snap out of it," I curve a sheepish smile to her before paying attention back to Mrs. Sykes.

---

"Um, can I come in?" a knock heard from my room door. It's dad there so I get up from the bed and open it for him.

"Yeah, come in," I let him in and sit on the bedside. "What are you doing inside? You keep locking yourself in the room since you got home. Have you eaten?" he asks, showing his kindest smile. "Yeah," I answer simply. "Are you okay?" he asks again. I nod without saying a word. I don't know what to say to him. It feels like there's a wall blocking me from being so lovey dovey with my own dad like when I was fifteen, two years ago.

"You've changed a lot. Is it because of that boy?" he asks, his voice changes and his smile fades.

"No. Why with him? It's you who changes, not me," I mumble but I don't think he hears me clearly. "I quite dislike him, and you shouldn't make any love connection at school. It'll ruin your study," dad sounds like advising. It tugs me inside, causing me to look into his beautiful green eyes. The eyes are always makes me smile but now, it burns my smile away.

"I need a boyfriend, dad. I'm already seventeen," I groan. Dad doesn't quite understand me. "And I also quite dislike the woman in my own home," I continue, I know it sounds insolent but he starts first. "Amanda, you can't hate her. She treats you right. Why with you?" he sounds a lot more serious in his tone. "I just hate her," I feel my cheeks started to wet with my tears. "You love her too much until now you forgot me," I sob, expressing everything to dad.

"Amanda, you-"

"I hate her, dad! You won't understand," I frown, placing my palm on my face. I can feel he wraps his arm around me and pull me closer. I miss this hug. I miss it very much but now I don't feel it anymore. "You know what, Amanda, I love her so much, and you must love her like how I love her. She's lovely and kind," he says, trying to convince me.

"It's how I feel about you messing up with Zack!" I shout in my tears. He lost his words, speechless.

A long pause between us.

"Dad, take this and leave this room. I don't want to see anybody right now. I feel... tired," I hand him a paper and lie on the bed, turning myself away from him.

I can hear the door closed, he's leaving.

I continue crying. He doesn't even understand me now. I hate how it goes since the woman presents in my life. I hate everything. I just need...Zack, right now.

I dial Zack's number from my phone.

"Hello, my baby boo," he answers sweetly in the phone, causing me to smile. "Zack, I want to say sorry about yesterday," I start.

"Um, what's about yesterday? I almost forgot about it," he lets out a quirky grin but cute. "About dad looked at you in a strange look yesterday," I explain. "Nah, it was nothing. I'm just fine here, honey. Maybe he's just jet lagged," he grins again, causing me laugh with him. He never fails to make me laugh.

Oh, I love him, SO-DAMN-MUCH.

---

Adam's POV:

I sit on the couch and read the contents in the paper.

12th graders' report card day, huh?

I put it on the table. Suddenly I felt my head pounds in pain so I move my hand to my head and rub circles on it. Ugh, I'm sick of having too much problems with my own daughter. Of course I love her, but I don't mean to let her think that I love Christina more. I love them both, EQUAL.

"Hey, honey. Care for a cup of caffeine?" Christina appears with two mugs of hot coffee on her hands. I stare her from up and down. She looks sexy with that night gown. "Yeah, I'd love to," I smile my problems away and let her sit next to me.

She cross her legs and hand me the coffee. "Are you okay? You look sick," she asks, showing she cares a lot. "Um, I'm just tired, maybe," I put the mug on the table and rest my head on her lap. She massages my head softly. It's real calming. I close my eyes, lost in the moment.

"Chris," I open my eyes as I remembered something.

"Yeah?" she lays her focus on my eyes.

"Can you help me do a favour?"